Hey guys, ive been building a project in Ork and i was wondering if any experts can help me with a few issues?

I'm using real-time battles that have imported the attack animation, and have assigned the attack action to the "E" key. but still no attack at run time? the attack animation is present in the animations panel of my prefab as element 3. and as far as i can see, everything is set up correctly. I know im missing something but no idea what it is.

Also, i wonder, is there a way to retain access to the main menu. (the one called when pressing "esc" while the whole scene is set as a real-time battle area?

I don't like to just take and not give so ill be going over the forum and seeing if i can help others. Im new to Ork but ive been a professional 3d artist for about fifteen years so if any sees this and needs advice. Feel free to message.
  • 1) This is a great tutorial on setting up animations, I use this setup, it works :
    http://forum.orkframework.com/discussion/5215/tutorial-ork-animations-using-mecanim-my-all-new-comprehensive-guide/p1

2) Change the key that summons main menu, because I guess you use the same key for cancel command and main menu.
  • Make sure that:
    - the input key is set up correctly
    - the control map using the input key is set up correctly, usable in real time battles and added to your player combatant
    - the attack called by the control map is usable in that situation (e.g. use range, use costs, etc.)
    - the animation is set up in ORK's animations correctly and also set up in the combatant's animation settings (i.e. using the animation settings the animation is in)

As for menu screens, check if you're using call requirements that might prevent opening the menu during battles.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Also the player needs to have that ability or calling it with a control map wont work, in my experience.
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale