Hi everyone. I have a quest giver that should activate when the previous quest is finished. It works perfectly with the condition set on him that the previous quest must be finished. However, it only works if I finish the previous quest in a different scene, then enter the scene with the quest giver in it. If I finish the quest in the same room, I have to leave the scene and reenter it. Hmmm.
  • I just came here to post exactly the same issue.

I just have it with item collectors.

I can have a condition that a quest must be active or the a variable must be correct.

But it only works if after the conditions are correct I also have a scene change.

Is there a way to have it check the conditions and activate during being in one scene? @gamingislove
  • edited April 2020
    Depends on your setup - e.g. if the component is set up to destroy the game object if the conditions are not valid, the game object will be destroyed when entering the scene.
    There are manager components to work around that.

The Game Object Manager can enable/disable game objects based on conditions, best used on a separate game object to just monitor and manage other game objects.

The Component Manager does the same for components and is intended for managing components on a game object (but can also do that for multiple game objects). E.g. if you have the same conditions for multiple components, like event interaction and object HUDs, instead of having to set up the conditions for all components, you can use a manager.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • That works! Awesome, thanks!
    I did not know about the "Game Object Manager" component.
  • Amazing!!! Thanks a lot!
  • The manager components where added rather recently, I think in ORK 2.28.0 or 2.27.0 :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!