Hi, I was using Ork Framework and now all menus in the game become slow.
I post a video on Youtube, please check it.

I have no idea why the menus are slow, this is very harmful to the player experience.

Any help will be appreciated.
  • Looks like your GUI boxes have a rather long Open/Close Box Behaviour set up in their settings.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited April 2020
    I don't know how this happens, but some configs changed.
    Example:
    In the Menus / Main Menu / New Game Settings / Screen Fade Out
    the value change from 0.5 to 5

I create a new project and checked the value. The default value is 0.5, but the value in my project is 5 now.

I am changing some values now.

Thanks for the help.
    Post edited by claudiomg on
  • There was an update to these settings that had a bug causing this some 2-3 years ago, but that was quickly fixed by another update.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • How can I update the Ork Framework engine?

Do I just need to install it from the AssetStore?

Usually, I don't update my apps, the last time that I did that, it breaks my entire project. Because of that, I stopped update projects to a new Unity version.
  • Yes, via the asset store, but if you've already saved your project, the wrong time values will already be saved (e.g. 5 instead of 0.5), so an update wouldn't fix that and you'd still have to change these settings.
  • edited May 2020
    I think to recreate the game again from scratch, but it will not be necessary.

Ii was able to fix all problems, at least for now.

I find other problems, but I fix them

I fix the problem with the enemies not hunting the player and I fix the problem with the displayed damage.

Thanks for the help.
    Post edited by claudiomg on
  • Generally, if you didn't save too often, you could check if one of your automatic backups (via Editor > Backups in ORK editor) was from before the changes.