I'm facing problems when spawning enemy groups via the Combatant Spawner Object. Generally the leader/1st npc is spawned at the right location on the ground, the rest of the group remains elevated in the air. I have tried a lot of settings but can't figure out the problem. If i setup spawnobjects the problem remains...I have added a script that applies gravity and it works (more or less since I had issues with to many members). The problem is also present if I use the prefabs that come with the tutorial. What I've also noticed is that the spawned npcs seem "frozen" - if I pause the game and move them in the editor they are repositioned...I could also use single combatant spawns as they work - but thats not the option I'd like.

The npc-setup is: character controller, sprite renderer/billboard shader, capsule mesh

The setup for the game is "blobber" like games as Wizardry, Might & Magic...I wanted to use the gridbased battle (with turnbased mode) and generally battles and positioning on the grid are working without any flaws. I want to spawn the enemies in the world and they participate in nearby battles on the grid (I defined for movement - not battles) - if I use spawns from within the battle object they do work as they should. I'd still prefer the player seeing the enemies. Is there another setup I should consider for such a game?

Thanks for your patience and help!
  • Try using a Place On Ground component on your combatant prefabs, it uses raycasting when spawning the game object to find the ground (so set that up correctly as well).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • That worked perfectly :)

Thank you very much!