Hello,
Thank you for making the ORK Framework, it helps 3D artists like me who have no coding experience take a stab at game making.
In a matter of a few days with the help of the tutorials I managed to make something quick. Its just to learn, I am no where near making any sort of game for now,.

https://webm.red/QVfY

I wanted to ask a few questions regarding calling animations and hopefully get some guidance. I am using mecanim , but I have some experience with Unity so I can go to Legacy , Humanoid and Generic as well.

1.Is it possible to do like paired animations like a suplex or grappling or kill animation during battle event or any event (Where the characters move in tandem) ?
2.Is it possible to call animations without adding them to the animation system, calling them directly for example during any event ?
3.Is it possible to spawn the combatants closer to each other ?

Cheers and thank you
  • 1) Should be possible - though I'm not sure what the best way would be.
    You could e.g. mount/parent one combatant to the other and animate it that way, or play both combatant's animations after each other (i.e. 1st without wait times so that they play at the same time).

2) Sure, ORK's animation setup is mainly there to simplify animations and make things like the battle events reusable for multiple combatants with different animation setup.
    You can also directly call animations via the event system using the animation nodes - e.g. the Mecanim Animation node for Mecanim animations.

3) If you're talking about spawning group members (in the field), there's the Distance setting in the player/group settings (Game > Game Settings) for that - the next update will also add improvements for this (a formation feature is currently in development).
    Otherwise, e.g. in battles, this is handled via the battle spots, which you can define in Battle System > Battle Spots or directly select game objects that are used for placement in a Battle component's inspector.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you,
    1. I will try this using by using a trigger parameter and calling a Mecanim Animation node.
    2, I need to learn more about about using states in controller. But I will try the same in a normal event.
    3.Thanks, will check the game settings. I don't need too much control on placement. Closing the distance will help me bring the battle camera more closer to get a better view of the action on the field.

Cheers