edited June 2021 in ORK Support
Hiya!

I have a two ways to end a battle, Kill the enemy or tame him. (Also run but then you get no XP) If you kill the enemy the XP works fine, but i could not get it to work to earn xp without the enemy dying. (Taming)

I tried to do it in a battle event that is linked to the tame ability. I turned on get "combatant gains" node but then i get way too much XP.

Any ideas where i could look to solve this?

Thanks!

Post edited by Anoo on
  • Are you "Taming" with an item or ability or something?

In the event of taming an enemy combatant you can have it trigger your victory event in which you could manually add in an experience reward for your party or lead combatant.

When you refer to getting too much XP I assume that it was collecting the battle gains twice in the battle meaning you were getting the initial gains of defeating the enemy on top of where this capture ability gains are coming.

So make sure you are only collecting the battle gains once from the battle. A workaround could be in the taming ability when you successfully tame a monster you have a Clear Battle Gains node and then Define your own Battle Gains and add them within that event so that way you'll only be getting what you defined and everything from before will be cleared out.
  • edited June 2021
    Thanks for the reply!

Yes it's a ability.

Clearing the gains and then defining the xp works but this way it's not a dynamic solution. The formula for gaining xp can be different for every enemy. Would be nice to just set the xp inside the enemy's combatant statue values.
    Post edited by Anoo on
  • So within your Combatants you can define an Experience Reward and choose to use a Formula. Here you can choose the formula you would like for each enemy as it suits you.

From there all you have to do is collect battle gains in your taming event and make sure to collect experience. If you are having the issue of gaining too much experience than you expected then it is collecting it more than once so make sure you are clearing the battle gains and then collecting as necessary.
  • A combatant's battle gains (loot, exp) are only added to the player's battle gains (i.e. can be collected) when the enemy is killed.

If you don't kill your enemies, you can use a Get Combatant Gains node to do that instead - i.e. in your taming battle events use that node to collect the gains like you'd kill an enemy :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I got it working. thanks guys!
  • Ah, the too much EXP problem was caused by my exp settings:

Status values > EXP > Experience settings > from minimum was not turned on.

So combatants started with full EXP!
  • The From Minimum setting will start exp for each level at 0, instead of continuing from the last level's needed exp.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!