edited July 2014 in Announcements
And here it is: release notes

--------------------------------------------------

Coming sometime this week (probably Thursday or Friday):
  • Loot
    Loot tables can now depend on variable conditions and change variables after being collected. Checking and changing variables can be done on either global variables or object variables of the combatant or its combatant spawner.
    This allows having special drops only occur once in the game (or on special conditions), for a combatant or a spawner :)
  • Combatant Spawners
    Spawners can now block a combatant's move AI or override it with a different move AI.
  • Event System: Status Steps
    The new Check Combatant step checks an object (e.g. actor) if it is a selected combatant.
  • Event System: Active Group Steps
    The Check Player step now also allows checking if an object (e.g. actor) is the player.
  • Editor: Inspectors
    The ORK Framework object created at the start of the game now displays all global variables when selected in the inspector.
    Also, Object Variables components now display their variables in inspectors (during play mode).
  • Item Collectors
    Item collectors can now optionally disable the item collection notification and collect the item directly. Only available for single/random collectors, not for box collectors.
  • Battle Menus
    The battle menus finally get a Change Member option - you'll be able to exchange members of the battle group with one of the non-battle group.
  • Shop Layouts
    The new Sell Without Items setting handles allowing sell mode in shops when no items are available for sell - if disabled, the sell button is disabled when no items are available for sell. By default disabled.
    The new Auto Close Sell setting will automatically close the sell mode when the last item has been sold. By default enabled.
  • Inventory Settings: Drop Items
    You can now define how dropped items (e.g. dropped by enemies after battle) can be collected with the Collector Start Type setting.
  • HUDs: Combatant HUDs
    Group HUDs can now define the Start Index Offset to start displaying the combatant list from a different index (i.e. skipping the first combatants until this index.
    Also, you can limit the number of displayed combatants in the list. Both settings combined can be used to split the combatant list and display different parts in different HUDs (and different locations on the screen).
  • Interactions
    A bunch of new start types available for all interactions (e.g. event interactions, item collectors) - trigger stay, collision enter/exit/stay :)
    For the collision start types to work, both objects need a collider and at least one needs a rigidbody. A CharacterController isn't a collider.
    Also, the stay start types are not recommended for anything control blocking, since that will make it pretty hard getting out of there ...
  • Combatants: Battle Animations
    New Retreat and Enter Battle animation settings available. Both are used for the new Member Change action when exchanging combatants.
    The action uses the users Retreat animation (which requires a calculate step for actually changing the member) and the new combatant's Enter Battle animation.
  • Control Maps
    The Change Member action is also available for control maps.
  • Status Effects
    The Change Member action is also available for effect end actions.
  • Animations: Mecanim
    The new Set Layer Weight settings allow setting the layer's current weight before playing the animation.
  • Battle AI: Action Steps
    Member Change action step available to change a combatant with the battle AI.
  • Battle AI: Status Steps
    There's a new sub-category for battle AI steps with all status related steps. Also, there are 3 new status steps available: Get Status Value, Get Attack Attribute and Get Defence Attribute
    Those new steps will add the combatant with the highest/lowest value of a selected status value or attack/defence attribute :)
  • Menu Screens
    Menu screens not using Single Screen mode can now define menu screens that will automatically be closed when the screen is opened or closed (two separate lists).
Post edited by gamingislove on
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yea! Change Member option!

I've been cheating this step by having an ability that has a combatant run off the screen (actually animated) with a Leave Battle step, then having the exchanging combatant come in with a Join Battle step (all in one event), but there was no possible way for me to animate the joining combatant to run into battle as opposed to just spawning into battle.

Would the Change Member option allow something like that?
  • Looking great! The loot especially, but:
    The ORK Framework object created at the start of the game now displays all global variables when selected in the inspector.
    Also, Object Variables components now display their variables in inspectors (during play mode).
    will be a huge boon as well; should be much easier to finally double-check and see that your variables are working correctly. Can't wait. :D
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Ooh, mid-battle character switching. Awesome. :D
    twitter.com/JellyPaladin
  • And some new stuff:
    • Shop Layouts
      The new Sell Without Items setting handles allowing sell mode in shops when no items are available for sell - if disabled, the sell button is disabled when no items are available for sell. By default disabled.
      The new Auto Close Sell setting will automatically close the sell mode when the last item has been sold. By default enabled.
    • Inventory Settings: Drop Items
      You can now define how dropped items (e.g. dropped by enemies after battle) can be collected with the Collector Start Type setting.
    • HUDs: Combatant HUDs
      Group HUDs can now define the Start Index Offset to start displaying the combatant list from a different index (i.e. skipping the first combatants until this index.
      Also, you can limit the number of displayed combatants in the list. Both settings combined can be used to split the combatant list and display different parts in different HUDs (and different locations on the screen).
    I'm still working on the member change in battle stuff - of course, this feature also includes new animation settings for combatants (for retreating from battle and entering battle) and control map settings :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • "I'm still working on the member change in battle stuff - of course, this feature also includes new animation settings for combatants (for retreating from battle and entering battle) and control map settings :)"

Kick ass!!!
  • And there's more - update coming tomorrow:
    • Interactions
      A bunch of new start types available for all interactions (e.g. event interactions, item collectors) - trigger stay, collision enter/exit/stay :)
      For the collision start types to work, both objects need a collider and at least one needs a rigidbody. A CharacterController isn't a collider.
      Also, the stay start types are not recommended for anything control blocking, since that will make it pretty hard getting out of there ...
    • Combatants: Battle Animations
      New Retreat and Enter Battle animation settings available. Both are used for the new Member Change action when exchanging combatants.
      The action uses the users Retreat animation (which requires a calculate step for actually changing the member) and the new combatant's Enter Battle animation.
    • Control Maps
      The Change Member action is also available for control maps.
    • Status Effects
      The Change Member action is also available for effect end actions.
    • Animations: Mecanim
      The new Set Layer Weight settings allow setting the layer's current weight before playing the animation.
  • I can't express how happy I am right now!!!
  • edited July 2014
    Stay triggers, awesome! I've got a lot of uses for them. :D
    Post edited by Kirb on
  • Last features before the release later today:
    • Battle AI: Action Steps
      Member Change action step available to change a combatant with the battle AI.
    • Battle AI: Status Steps
      There's a new sub-category for battle AI steps with all status related steps. Also, there are 3 new status steps available: Get Status Value, Get Attack Attribute and Get Defence Attribute
      Those new steps will add the combatant with the highest/lowest value of a selected status value or attack/defence attribute :)
    • Menu Screens
      Menu screens not using Single Screen mode can now define menu screens that will automatically be closed when the screen is opened or closed (two separate lists).
  • And here it is: release notes
  • Simple but logical battle AI additions there, which are sometimes my favorite kinds of updates. =)
    twitter.com/JellyPaladin
  • edited July 2014
    Perfect! Excellent update, can't wait to get to this tonight.
    Post edited by Kirb on
  • Favorite update yet. Amazing support.
  • "Change member" is great! Thanks!

Two things:

1. The list of non-battle members populates, but their names are not listed. I just see a bunch of empty choice boxes. Am I doing something wrong?

2. I'd like to limit the non-battle member choices in some way. For example, a mage class can only change with another mage class from the non-battle group. What would really solve these kinds of problems is if combatants could be organized in a similar way that inventory is organized (using faction and class, perhaps?). This sorting feature would be extremely helpful in the Group Menu Screen too!
  • Awsome! Thanks for the layer weight option!