edited July 2014 in ORK Support
Has anyone experienced this recently:

I have a starting event. I have a show dialog step (Message type). After clicking the default OK button, the next message type show dialog should display. However, nothing happens. I switched the dialog step to a Choice style box. And, after selecting a choice, again, nothing happens.
This event was working fine; however, after upgrading unity to 4.5, my event no longer works. I even re-build the event thinking the upgrade had done something to the event asset file. I, also, updated ORK to the latest version.

Please note: that I am using a first-person prefab which utilizes the UFPS scripts. I had this all working fine prior to the upgrade of 4.5. I am using UFPS in a different version of this project (not ORK based) with Unity 4.5 and the controls are working fine there.

@Gil
Would you have some time to take a look at the project? I've been trying to figure this out for a week now :)

Thanks for any suggestions.
  • edited July 2014
    Well, as always, after I post, I get some sort of clue as to what is going on. The updated UFPS scripts are consuming the input event. I had modified the previous version (haven't seen a way to inherit and overwrite) to not consume the events :)

Got the event running again after I put in my UFPS modifications. Why do I always figure these things out after posting for help :P

Post edited by keyboardcowboy on
  • Hehe, yeah, those things can be tricky :)
    If you ever wonder why an input isn't detected by other scripts - ORK also consumes inputs in some cases (e.g. when accepting something in dialogues/menus).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!