edited July 2014 in ORK Support
i Think i seen a post about this .but my question is does aiming down sight need to be an ability? and just to be sure bullet prefab in combination with events and damage dealersto make gun shoot?
Post edited by gamingislove on
  • What's aiming down sight supposed to be? :)

Yes, shooting bullets uses damage dealers/zones - spawn the bullet prefab, activate it's damage dealer and move it in the battle event of the ability. Also, you can use battle events on damage dealers to do more than just damage when hitting the target (e.g. animations, effects, etc.).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • well you have hip fire shooting then you have aiming which is more accurate by aiming thru red dot ACOG scope etc

ok cool
  • Well, depends - if both aim methods should have the same setting (damage, effects, hit chance, animation, etc.), you can use the same ability for them. If there is something different, you'll need to create two abilities.
    I guess you're doing the different aiming with your own controls?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • well accuracy or hit chance will improve and i thought about handling in my script just wasnt sure how so i figured an ability was the way to go how would i use ork with my own controls..one thing im trying to understand is using my own scripts with ORK..not just player control or camera
  • In that case you should go for two abilities if they have different hit chances (or anything else different). If you'd be doing the hit chance in your own script you'll miss out on miss notifications and other things that are connected to hit chance in abilities.

Using your own scripts with ORK really depends on what scripts and how they are used. Just having them in the game beside ORK is no problem.
    If you want to interact with your own scripts from ORK, you can do this in the event system (the Function Steps have multiple steps to call functions or set fields).
    If your scripts should interact with ORK (e.g. setting a status value or game variable), just ask me how to do it :)
  • gotcha thanks! ill test out the two abilities first to see if i like it...gotta see how imma work an ability in that just zooms in and aims the gun ,..thanks again