I was wondering if cutscenes were handle by ork or unity
And if I was to do a level select screen how would it be
  • Firex said: I was wondering if cutscenes were handle by ork or unity
    That can be done however you like it. You can use schematics to animate your cutscenes or use Unity (e.g. timeline), or both together, e.g. a schematic starting timelines or timelines starting schematics to do part of the things you want.
    Firex said: And if I was to do a level select screen how would it be
    The details depend on how you want that to work, but there are generally 2 options:
    - a Show Dialogue node used as a Choice dialogue, each choice leading to a different Load Scene node
    - a menu screen with a Teleport part listing teleports (i.e. scene loads) that you can set up in Game > Teleports
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 5
    And also something like unlocks too where as you progress in the story you unlock different levels or areas and skills
    Post edited by Firex on
  • Firex said: And also something like unlocks too where as you progress in the story you unlock different levels or areas and skills
    ORK Framework absolutely does that. In almost any way you would want. You could, for example, condition the availability of a skill to the completion of a quest. You could remove a barrier to world area upon the player achieving a certain level, or learning a particular piece of game-lore, or finding a certain item. You could make a door passable only on Tuesdays when the moon is full.....you get the idea.
  • The question is how though
  • Well, that depends on how you block something off in the first place. And what you block.

Most cases will probably use a global variable that can be used in conditions e.g. for teleports or dialogue choices. Or you can also use quests, game states or other things to monitor your progress.
    They all can be used as conditions in many places within the framework, e.g. check out the 3D RPG Playground's quest tutorials, which uses Game Object Manager components to handle showing/hiding game objects based on the quest's progress.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!