edited September 2014 in Announcements
And here it is: release notes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since I'm still busy with the new Unity UI (where a new beta is coming this Friday, along with 2.1.8), only a few, small updates and lots of fixes.

New stuff:
  • Status Requirement Templates
    Yes, Status Requirements get a similar update as variable conditions got them some time ago. You can create templates in the editor and use them wherever status requirements can be set up.
    Also, like the variable conditions, the new requirement type setting allows you to either set up a single Status, multiple Requirements or use a Template for each status requirement you add somewhere - allowing more complex requirement checks.
  • Event System: Dialogue Steps
    Choice dialogues can now use actor text codes in the choices, and the variable condition for choices can now use local, global and object game variables.
  • Event System: Active Group Steps
    The new Check Group Size step allows checking the size of the active player group.
  • Event System: Variable Steps
    The new Variable to Variable step allows storing one variable into another variable - effectively allows you to move them between different origins (e.g. local to global, global to object, etc.).
  • Combatants: Battle Animations
    The Join Look At setting is available when not using a Join Battle animation. The combatant will optionally look at his enemies when joining a battle.
  • Game Settings, Interactions
    You can now set the Max. Click Distance to -1 to allow starting interactions via click without a range check to the player.
  • Abilities
    The new Delay Time settings allow an ability to set a delay time on the combatant.
    A combatant can't use any action (e.g. attack, use an ability or item) during this time. The delay time is set after the ability has been used.
  • Inventory Settings, Items
    Define the Default Delay Time for all items. Items can individually override the default delay time.
    As with abilities, the delay time is set after using an item and prevents the combatant from performing actions during this time.
  • HUDs: Combatant, Turn Order
    The new Delay Time element type allows you to display the delay time of a combatant, either as text or as bar. Only displayed while the time is running (like cast time).
    You can now define the Time Format for Cast Time and Time Bar (and the new delay time) elements when displaying a text. E.g. 0.0 will display 1 decimal.
    Also, the cast time element can display a Reversed Value, i.e. the time will count down instead of up.
Post edited by gamingislove on
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Wonderful news on the Status Requirements. :D I've been needing those for a while!
    twitter.com/JellyPaladin
  • edited September 2014
    New and exciting stuff:
    • Abilities
      The new Delay Time settings allow an ability to set a delay time on the combatant.
      A combatant can't use any action (e.g. attack, use an ability or item) during this time. The delay time is set after the ability has been used.
    • Inventory Settings, Items
      Define the Default Delay Time for all items. Items can individually override the default delay time.
      As with abilities, the delay time is set after using an item and prevents the combatant from performing actions during this time.
      The new Delay Time element type allows you to display the delay time of a combatant, either as text or as bar. Only displayed while the time is running (like cast time).
      You can now define the Time Format for Cast Time and Time Bar (and the new delay time) elements when displaying a text. E.g. 0.0 will display 1 decimal.
      Also, the cast time element can display a Reversed Value, i.e. the time will count down instead of up.
    So, this new delay time can be used for stuff like cool downs, etc. :)
    Works in all battle systems, although it might not be useful in all of them (e.g. turn based battles, unless you're using Dynamic Combat).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited September 2014
    Oooh, looking good!
    Can definitely make use of the delay!

Any chance of allowing Status Value Upgrade cost be based on a Formula in this update?
    Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • @Kirb
    Yup, added it yesterday :)

Release later today!
  • And here it is: release notes
  • Thanks, GiL! Everything looks great! :D
    My little chunk of the internet: http://artemic.com
  • edited September 2014
    Awesome, excellent update. :D

Edit: D'oh; I should have specified that I needed the Money Upgrade cost field 'Quantity' tied to a formula, although experience is welcome too.
    Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames

• Abilities
    Passive abilities wont be added to the list multiple times.
    Abilities
    Passive abilities will now correctly add their status effects outside of battles.
    Music
    If no music is played when storing music, now also no music will play when playing the stored music (also applies to shop/menu music).
    Tested the fixes and they worked perfectly, thanks!