How to simplify combat operations and directly select weapons to start an attack?
  • edited March 7
    Assuming I understand what you're going for,
    I would just make abilities named "Sword" "Dagger" etc and put Use conditions on them for has equipment type sword equipped, and use the matching icons

"Weapons" from the player perspective is all UI anyways.. icon and tooltip and equipment menu or shortcut, so ability isn't much different.

Also the equipment itself is not really an attack in Ork

You can make the weapons override the base attacks so that depending on weapon equipped the base attack changes automatically
    Post edited by GeneralK on
  • Thank you for your help, it seems that it is not easy to change, may need to modify the source code
  • Beside overriding base attacks, equipment can also grant abilities (see the Equipment Abilities settings of the equipment).

So, instead of the use conditions on abilities, just have the equipment give that ability while it's equipped.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Not sure how I forgot equipment abilities since I actually use it on some items oops.

@bigman can you go into more detail about how you want it to work?

If you mean you want like 1 weapon attack button on screen you can do that with base attacks. You can have the name of it change per weapon or you could have an ability simply named "attack" and have it work for all weapons, with damage based off of status values the weapon provides.
  • I want to switch weapons and attacks to be instantaneous, that is, switch weapons in the battle menu and attack immediately
  • First of all, thank you for your answer. How it goes: I have 3 weapons and choose one of them, the bonus goes into effect immediately and the target is selected to attack immediately. The main thing is to simplify the weapons selection process @GeneralK
  • edited March 8
    I have implemented the above process through a custom EquipmentBattleMenuItem

public override void AddToMenu(ref List< BMItem> list, Combatant owner, BattleMenu bm, BattleMenuItem parent)
    {
    UIButtonInputContent content = bm.contentLayout.GetContent(this.button.GetContent());
    this.customInput.Use(content);

List< EquipmentSlot> slots = owner.Equipment.GetAvailableSlots(this.onlyContributing);
    for (int i = 0; i < slots.Count; i++)
    {
    EquipmentSlot slot = slots[i];
    if (slot.Equipped == false)
    continue;

List< EquipShortcut> equips =
    owner.Inventory.Equipment.GetByEquipmentSlot(slot.Settings);
    this.contentSorter.Sort(owner, ref equips);

if (! slot.Settings.hidden &&
    (! slot.IsBlocked || BlockedSlotDisplayType.Hidden ! = this.blockedSlotDisplay) &&
    (! slot.IsLinked || BlockedSlotDisplayType.Hidden ! = this.linkedSlotDisplay))
    {
    for (int j = 0; j < equips.Count; j++)
    {
    var equipShortcut = equips[j];

var slotBMItem = new CustomEquipmentSlotBMItem(this.GetChoiceContent(owner, equipShortcut), slot.Settings, this, parent, equipShortcut);

list.Add(slotBMItem);
    }
    }
    }
    }
    Post edited by bigman on
  • edited March 9
    Good solution.

An alternative would have been using the schematics of the abilities doing the switch, e.g. with having separate equipment slots for the different weapon types with their Contribute setting being disabled (i.e. the equipped equipment on that slot doesn't give bonuses).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!