edited September 2014 in ORK Support
Greetings,

I just grabbed Flying Teapot's Magic Effects Vol. 3 from the Unity Asset store. I'm using the battle event "calculateEffectTarget2" from the tutorial as my template for my current spell effects such as a Fireball. The issue I'm having is the effect ArrowFX_Fire, which is essentially a fireball, does not stop at the target but rather flies through it. I would like it to stop at the target but am not sure what I'm missing as far as which setting to adjust.

Thanks
  • The event from the tutorial moves the prefab to the target, so that should work.
    Maybe there is some script on your effect that makes it move?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I took a look and it has/had a JS script:

var deadTime : float;

function Awake(){
    Destroy(gameOject, deadTime);
    }

I removed the script and the fireball still travels through the target. In simulation it travels a the same distance that it's travelling when cast at runtime. Should I turn off a particular part of the effect? I know that's a vague question... I know that the effects used in the tutorial do not travel any distance, but are rather are a fbasic flame effect so I'm not sure if the type of effect I'm trying to use needs to be dealt with differently in the battle event.
  • I believe it goes through rigidbodies?
  • Can't really tell you anything without having your effect.

The effect in the tutorial is simply spawned at the position of the player and moved to the position of the target, where it is destroyed afterwards. Does the effect keep on flying or stop at some point?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!