• edited September 2014
    The new beta version has been uploaded.

@Dre788
    Nope, wont add a full version beta to the official release, would just increase the size and confuse people :)
    If you want a full version beta, please send me your order/invoice number to contact@orkframework.com and I'll send it to you (of course, others that are interested can do the same).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Making good progress with fixing issues and decreasing thread time - next update this Thursday.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Mini-request for new GUI, not sure if it's as easily attainable in old GUI:

Horizontally scrolling text! Think of HELP text in the menus in Final Fantasy games up at the top of the menu. Generally the strings are too large to actually fit in the box, so they continually scroll to the left, and loop through the same message over and over.

Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • edited September 2014
    The new beta is here - greatly improved draw calls and thread time :)

@Kirb
    Isn't that big of a deal in both systems - but new stuff for the GUI wont come before the official 4.6 release.
  • Awesome! Will give it a go when I have the chance.
  • edited October 2014
    A new beta version is available including the ORK 2.1.9 updates and some small improvements.
  • The beta version has been updated to match ORK Framework 2.1.10 features.

So, how's it going for those of you working with the beta?
    Run into any problems?
  • No problems as of yet, but to be fair I only experiment with it once in a while to avoid gross p4v issues with Dead Gear!

Can't wait until Portraits are integrated as prefabs, will have a lot of fun with that.
  • edited December 2014
    I'm trying this out with the ORK Demo project right now but currently downloading my present game onto PC and will try that there so I don't have to affect the game I have in production on my mac for ios. Don't know how much of my game will work as the beta of this isn't a full license--don't know what my limitations will be yet.

I notice I will probably have to set up a lot of prefabs because I use a lot of different background images and button images.

The images have to be sliced? Or not? This is basically NGUI which used sliced images if I recall. It's been awhile. Edit--I see in the UI tute in Unity more info about this.

I see there are button choices for simple, tiled, filled as well as sliced. Can I use my old button images that I used in the Legacy GUI here? And what category would they fit into? Edit--I see in the UI tute in Unity more info about this.

Same question for the image for the Content box. Edit--I see in the UI tute in Unity more info about this.

I think I might be better off just finishing Omber with the current version of Unity OR using Legacy graphics as am so close to completion of Omber --- but since I have to learn this--will keep trying it.

You can still set up GUI boxes to set the position of content and fonts?

For an RPG game, the set up in the demo wouldn't work (although it is very clean and nice-looking) because players expect very fancy button and other content and background graphics so hoping when I get my project downloaded--I can tweak things to look like it used to. I realize the demo and beta have bare bones graphics setups. Will need to know how to get the magic to work. Is this a Unity question or ORK question or both? : ) Edit--I see it's both. : )

I use Portraits for all my NPC dialogues. Do I have to do anything special right now to get them to show up where they usually do--top left of the dialogue?

And---has this been tested on mobile to make sure the clicks go through the buttons? Starting to read this thread in the Unity forum---

http://forum.unity3d.com/forums/unity-ui.60/

I don't want to test on mobile because my new game is almost done and don't want to rock the boat.

Will test on PC with the Legacy Graphics first to make sure everything works and looks alright and then with the new GUI.
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • edited December 2014
    Right now I'm hoping my ios mobile game will work with Unity 4.6 and ORK's Legacy graphics as it's not productive for me to hold up finishing my game to learn a new system. But I won't update to 4.6 on ios mobile until I'm sure it works on the PC.

I'm at the beta testing phase and it wouldn't be nice to hold up my betatesters either when there is no foreseeable benefit to me from the new graphics. I never had a problem on mobile with the old ui.

My betatesters just want to finish the game and so do I. : )

But will test it on PC. When it works fully on PC, will try it on mobile.
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • edited December 2014
    I don't think the beta version and the official Unity 4.6 release will work that well together, some things have changed since the 4.6 betas - I'm working on the official ORK 2.2.0 release with support for the new UI.

More details see here.
  • edited December 2014
    Official support is here - learn more about it in the full release notes and the how-to on the new UI.

This thread is now closed.
This discussion has been closed.