• Yes, that's on there, probably in 2.0.3 :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hey GIL, is the custom name/variable input on the agenda?
  • edited February 2014
    Hey. Please make a global map with dots teleport locations and information on hover. Sorry for my english. Bonalno example in Word Of Warcraft
    Post edited by Nurbin on
  • edited February 2014
    It would be nice, if node could "Inherit" the actor from the previous node he is connected to;

It would be nice, to have "effect end->turn->formula" insted of set number, like, poison on some character with high poison resist could go away 2x faster this way.

In formula editor, would be nice to have "ability lvl" check. Right now, it is impossible to increase skill effects, lets say, for Protection of Fire effect based on the ability lvl learned.

It would be nice to have ability target "Item", right now there is no way to make spell which enchants armors and weapons with status effects.

When I have more then 200 status effects, scrolling to pick up one at the bottom becomes very frustrating, when I setting it for ability or anything else, and I can't find a way to fast-scroll at the bottom, and it always stars at 0. Would be good to have this somehow improve later on.

Edit: combined those posts (gamingislove).

It would be nice to have "Status origin: Group:" inside formula settings, which is essential for some spells like ("Shared Life") and proper combo calculations.
    Post edited by ryumaster on
  • Combined your posts - some good ideas in there!
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I agree with ryumaster about the ability to use formulas to determine when a Status Effect ends. =)

I can't remember if I've asked for this before, but it would be great to have a way to make equipment that can only be unequipped by an event. At least three useful things could be done with that:
    1) Players can't take equipment from characters who only temporarily join the party
    2) Cursed equipment with a negative effect can't be removed right after it's equipped
    3) A piece of equipment has to be used because it's important to the plot or an individual character (i.e. the character will only use a sword that was passed down for eight generations)
    twitter.com/JellyPaladin
  • Hi, I spent the last few weeks working through all the tutorials and then prototyping some things. While I was working I kept a running log of some nice to have features that I thought I would post.

-Display log text using text codes

-Option to turn off close button in the event node editor. Or have a warning before it clears out the event data. It's too easy to hit by accident while using the scroll bar and there's already a new game event button.

-Set items in shop using variables

-Support for child object custom controls (this one would be super nice. I have to have my custom camera parented to my player and it's causing me all sorts of issues.)

-Socketing system for weapons and armor (Items that can be equipped into weapons and armor)

-The option to randomize a piece of equipments stats when spawned from a loot table.

Thanks allot for all the tutorials by the way. They where super useful for understanding how ORK 2 works. Overall ORK 2 is a massive step forward from ORK 1, and I really appreciate the effort that must have gone into making it.
  • @RunawayDev
    Child object custom controls is already in there, at least for finding custom control behaviours. Adding to child objects not yet ...
    Randomizing equipment stats is already possible - in the equipment's Level Settings you can add Random Bonuses for status values. Each equipment that comes into the game world will have random stats defined by this setting.
  • Hey, GiL, is there anything like "counter stances" in ORK2? I know countering is a feature, but I can't recall being able to make an ability that creates a counter status effect.
  • @Griffin
    You can do this by using Status Effects.
    E.g. let an ability add a status effect which gives a bonus on the Counter Chance.

@RunawayDev
    Beside the socket system, all other of your requests are coming in ORK Framework 2.0.4!
    A socket system isn't coming any time soon in the regular update schedule, but you can also contact me for commissional work if you need it soon (details can be found here).

@JellyPaladin
    Locking equipment parts is also coming in 2.0.4 :)
  • @gamingislove

Awsome! I didn't go too deep into the item level settings so I didn't see the randomize bonus option, Thats really cool! It's good to hear the other requests made it in, thanks. The socketing system can wait, I'm pretty sure most of the things I would have wanted to do with it can be done with item levels and events. Thanks for the quick reply!
  • SUGGESTION

Last night I was working on events and by accident I deleted a few nodes.
    I found no Undo function to, undo the delete I did.

I suggest adding a Undo feature to the Event Editor so if we make a mistake we can Undo it.
    Ctrl+Z for example.
    ORK user since 2014. Patron since 2018.
  • Super. That makes things easier than changing Class.
  • For the Node Editor, it'd be cool if we had access to some kind of template node.

For example, for many of my events, I have to preface them with a long series of checks and loops. It'd be great if I could just save that node sequence and paste it where I needed it rather than set it up manually.
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • @gamingislove
    Awesome, looking forward to it. :D
    twitter.com/JellyPaladin