• Hey, quick/small request.
    Would it be possible to make it so delete key can delete nodes in the event editor? I often find myself pressing it automatically when I want to delete something.

Thanks
  • @GiL: I only see something like Counter Chance in Status Bonuses. Is that what you mean?
  • @Griffin
    Yes, but you don't have to set up a status bonus for that, you can add an individual status bonus in the status effect directly - offers the same settings.
    The status bonuses in the status section are for reusability, e.g. when there's a bonus that you'd like to add to multiple things.

@others
    Good ideas, will look into it!
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ah I see it. Bonus Settings. Easy to miss! Thanks.
  • One of the things I would really love to see implemented is some kind of stealth or sneak system where the player can press a button and depending on certain conditions (a skill check, the lighting, how perceptive an enemy is or if it's facing the player) they can duck down and move right past an enemy and avoid engaging in combat. Kinda of like what you can do in TES games.

Anyway, love the framework, thank you so much for all the hard work you've put into it!
  • Is that possible to add an action bar which is like WoW, Diablo3, Torchlight2?
  • edited February 2014
    Oh nvm! That's what you meant!
    Post edited by Griffin on
  • edited February 2014
    Event Step Descriptive Titles

Presently, all the Event Steps in an Event use their Step Type as a title. When looking at an Event, the Steps read like this:

Example: bluePantsDialogue.asset
    Event Settings, Check Game Variables(Global), Show Dialogue ("Thanks again for finding my")
    Check Game Variables(Global), Show Dialogue ("Have you found my")(Choice 0: "Yes")(Choice 1:"No"), Has In Inventory(), Show Dialogue ("Wow, thanks so much!")
    Show Dialogue ("Hey, you don't have them!"), Remove From Inventory()
    Add to Inventory(), Learn Log Text (BP 4), Change Game Variables(Global)
    Check Game Variables(Global), Show Dialogue ("Already found my"),
    Show Dialogue ("Hi there, fellow")(Choice 0: "Sure")(Choice 1:"Some other time"), Show Dialogue ("Great"), Learn Log Text(BP 2), Change Game Variables(Global)
    Some of this is easy to parse at a glance. Show Dialogue and Learn Log Text are both easy to understand. But the (Global) are not useful and most steps are not descriptive regarding their game function. I'd prefer to see something like this:
    Event Settings, Check Game Variables (BP_Quest=finished), Show Dialogue ("Thanks again for finding my")
    Check Game Variables (BP_Quest=found), Show Dialogue ("Have you found my")(Choice 0: "Yes")(Choice 1:"No"), Has In Inventory (Underpants:1), Show Dialogue ("Wow, thanks so much!")
    Show Dialogue ("Hey, you don't have them!"), Remove From Inventory (Underpants:1)
    Add to Inventory (Potion:5), Learn Log Text (BP 4), Change Game Variables (BP_Quest=finished)
    Check Game Variables (BP_Quest=search), Show Dialogue ("Already found my"),
    Show Dialogue ("Hi there, fellow")(Choice 0: "Sure")(Choice 1:"Some other time"), Show Dialogue ("Great"), Learn Log Text (BP 2), Change Game Variables (BP_Quest=search)
    Also it would be nice if we can just rename the title of each event step. The Step Name would be the default title, but if we want to change it for readability we can. So we might have:
    Event Settings, Quest Completed? (BP_Quest=finished), Show Dialogue ("Thanks again for finding my")
    Found the Underpants? (BP_Quest=found), Show Dialogue ("Have you found my")(Choice 0: "Yes")(Choice 1:"No"), Underpants In Inventory? (Underpants:1), Show Dialogue ("Wow, thanks so much!")
    Show Dialogue ("Hey, you don't have them!"), Remove From Inventory (Underpants:1)
    Add to Inventory (Potion:5), Quest Log:Finished (BP 4), Set Quest as Finished (BP_Quest=finished)
    Started Searching? (BP_Quest=search), Show Dialogue ("Already found my"),
    Show Dialogue ("Hi there, fellow")(Choice 0: "Sure")(Choice 1:"Some other time"), Show Dialogue ("Great"), Quest Log:New Quest (BP 2), Set Quest as Search (BP_Quest=search)
    I've been working on many complex Events and reading them is becoming confusing. Anything you can do to make them easier to comprehend visually will be appreciated.
    Post edited by Nixter on
  • edited February 2014
    @Kazuya
    I think you're looking for the Shortcut feature.
    In Combatant type HUDs, you can add HUD elements of type Shortcut to place abilities, items and equipment on it.
    Shortcuts can also be used by control maps, and you can set up default shortcuts in the combatant's settings.

@Nixter
    Good ideas - optionally renaming node names will come in the next update, and I'll try to make the node infos more useful :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Maybe I'm just missing it or something, but isn't there a way to set base damage for an ability? Obviously, ability damage will scale based off certain stats, but I have yet to find anything that allows you to set base damage (meaning damage before stats).
  • That's all done in formulas - there is no base damage :)
  • Ah. So what if I have an ability that is stronger than another? Can I define how much stronger it is with formulas?
  • @Griffin

I've just been doing a separate formula for each ability; each based off my core damage formula. It's a bit more work, but it's really nice for individually tuning each ability. If you have your basic damage formulas down, just make a separate formula for your ability and add a separate value that represents the 'base' damage for that ability.

@GiL

Occurred to me today while testing, for Use Cost in Abilities, being able to play a sound effect when you don't have enough of a consumable resource to perform the ability would be nice. (i.e A negative sound is played when the player tries to cast 'Fireball' without enough MP.)
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • @Kirb: Formulas are my Achilles' Heel currently. I literally have no idea how they work! :[
  • They're pretty easy; just algebraic formulas that you hook up in the node editor!
    Have you gone over the Formula tutorial?

Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames