• I second what @keyboardcowboy asked for.

Also, would it be possible to get tooltips for hovering over status values in a HUD or menu screen? We have them for abilities and equipment.
  • Have another small request which I think is possible.

Could we get a global event field that would fire off when using the Stats Upgrade menu?

For example, I'd like to call an event that would add bonuses based on the new value of the stat upgraded.

I know ORK was designed around JRPG style advancement in the beginning; but, I feel if I just spent 2 points in my Reflex score, I should see the benefits (if any) now instead of my next level up :)

Thanks for considering it. Oh, and have a nice vacation next week.
  • Would it be possible to get a Pause Cast Timer Event Step? In Realtime combat I would like to be able to pause the action while a character does an ability or animation and there doesn't appear to be any way to pause the casting timer. What would be ideal would be some kind of "pause everything but the user," step but I'm not sure of the feasibility of such a thing.
  • edited May 2016
    RunawayDev said: Would it be possible to get a Pause Cast Timer Event Step? In Realtime combat I would like to be able to pause the action while a character does an ability or animation and there doesn't appear to be any way to pause the casting timer. What would be ideal would be some kind of "pause everything but the user," step but I'm not sure of the feasibility of such a thing.
    You might try the asset Chronos - Time control from the store. Here is the link.

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/31225

I hope it works out for you until there is something added into the framework.
    Post edited by robahouston on
    You will always fail at what you do not try.
  • I have a request - As I begin to add quests to my game, i see the quest tasks, and logs, becoming crowded really really fast. Because Log Texts are attached to a Log, and Logs are attached to a Log Type, could you implement some group folding? While there is a way to relatively keep things organized (through proper naming conventions and the ability to sort), i do think for a bigger game this would be a real boon.
  • @chud575
    For working in the editor I'd recommend using the filter options in the sub-section lists (Search/Filter foldout below the add/copy/remove buttons).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • This is a good, thanks - but also consider when you are adding "Learn Log" to a quest task or quest, and you have hundreds of these.

Another request:
    For simple dialogues, they should either default to having 1 'choice' or allow the override of the next button text. Very often in RPG's a character will make a statement and you will respond with something like "I see..." or "Go on.." etc etc, so i keep finding myself putting in choice dialogues with 1 choice
  • For the popup data selections, you can enable using type separations in Editor > Editor Settings. That makes selections a lot easier if you're having a lot of stuff :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hello again! New feature request here!

Can we get status requirement and variable condition for combatant portrait/sound? This would allow me to have multiple "normal" portraits or "damage" sounds and control when they should be used.

Also, it would be most triumphant if we could use perfabs instead of images. Or just make perfabs it's own section and leave it up to the user to use it as they see fit.
  • Simple feature request:
    Allow the sell value of items to be determined by a formula.
    Then you can use a Barter skill.
  • ^^ This! Or base it off a player's infamy with a faction or even make a supply and demand system which changes the price based on how many the vendor has left. Wheee!
    My little chunk of the internet: http://artemic.com
  • Something I just noticed. When you create a canvas object a canvas scaler component is automatically attached to it. But when ork creates it through a UI box, it isn't present. Without a scaler component the ref pixel is set to 100 by default and will ruin your images if you use any other value for your pixel unit. Can you add the canvas scaler to the canvas and include the ability to adjust it in ork?
  • Would it be possible to add UI wrapper scripts that can be attached to any UGUI object/prefab sort of like Inventory Pro does?

For example a script that can be attached to a Text object to display any ORK text content a script that can be attached to a Slider to display stats or any content that could be used with a slider (something like ORKTextUIScript, ORKImageUIScript, etc.), a script that can be attached to Horizontal/Vertical/Grid Layout to display the content of a shop, an inventory, crafting and so on (something like ORKWindowUIScript).

Designing an UI entirely in UGUI is much easier, faster and flexible than the current mixed system.
  • I'd go for a simpler (not combatant/defence attribute based workaround) method to implement RPG Races, preferably coupled with the character selection implementation that's been requested, preferably also with the multi-class enhancement that's oft been requested... ;)
  • I was wondering if the Show Dialogue step in battle events could be adjusted to take some of the battle event data so it functions like the Battle Texts. What I mean by that is, the ability to use the %u, %t, etc shortcuts to construct more detailed descriptions of what's happening. I don't want to simply use the battle texts because I'd like to add different descriptions for each ability.
    "%u flies high and dives at %t from above." in Show Dialogue instead of the battle text version: "%u uses %"
    Would this be something that could possibly be added in a future update?