• Another thing that would be really useful would be the ability to specify an ability type for options in the combat menu. For example, list a combatants thief abilities directly in list format and put his magic spells behind a type option.
  • edited January 2016
    My mistake, pulling my comment to prevent confusion
    Post edited by paulgswanson on
  • @paulgswanson

Right now what i can do is either list all abilities under separate menus based on type, or list all abilities directly in the combat menu with no submenu. What I would like to do is list some abilities in a submenu and some directly in the combat menu. There isn't really an option for mixing and matching type displays.
    It's a kind of fiddly difference and I might not have phrased it well in the previous post.
  • @RunawayDev

I'd like that feature too.
  • @RunawayDev
    Made it into today's release ORK 2.6.3 :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove
    Man, that was lightning fast turn around! Thx for addressing these requests and bugs so rapidly. I just wanted to let you know that we all appreciate the hard work you put to ORK and Makinom. It cannot be easy support such complicated assets in the first place, yet you make it seem so simple with your rapid turn around!
  • edited January 2016
    It's amazing how quickly you get some of these features in, @gamingislove! I think the Asset Store needs a 6-star rating option.

I've got a feature request for you... In the event steps where you specify an object, would it be possible to have the On Child field take a string variable as an option?

For example, I have a Battle Event that is used when a combatant drinks a potion and in one of the steps, I want to spawn a potion prefab in the combatant's hand.

However, not all of the character models in the game have the same skeleton hierarchy, so the event step spawns the potion at the feet of certain characters. The simplest way of addressing this would be to put a Scene Object component on each combatant prefab and create a variable for each of the objects on the skeleton where I want to attach items or effects during battle events. If the On Child field can take a string variable, then I just need to grab it from the User or Target object variable.

Alternatively, being able to specify the name of a child object (such as "PotionViewer" in the above example) and have the event step search for the first instance of it in the hierarchy would work as well. It is both labourious and error-prone to have to include the entire path when you're dealing with values such as "Model/Bip01/Bip01_Pelvis/Bip01_Spine/Bip01_Spine1/Bip01_Spine2/Bip01_Neck/Bip01_L_Clavicle/Bip01_L_UpperArm/Bip01_L_Forearm/Bip01_L_Hand/PotionViewer."

The second option would probably be preferable from the standpoint of an ORK user, but it would be more work for you to implement. I'd be happy with the first. :-)

This would also make it easy to spawn particle effects at the caster's hands.

EDIT: Since it's relevant to my feature request... what is the difference between using the Child Object and On Child fields on these editor forms?

Post edited by Keldryn on
  • @gamingislove Awsome, you're the best!
  • I would like to see additional options in the "Wait For Input" and "Wait For Input Fork" nodes for a resulting Failure clause. Even just checking a game variable would probably be sufficient in most cases.
  • It seems that the variable origin is missing in the Variable Conditions in most ORK Components, such as Event Interaction, Music Player and so on.
    You know sometimes we need to specify the owner of a variable, such as in Global, Object.
    It exists in Makinom Machine Components, but I cannot find it in ORK Components
  • edited February 2016
    @hongliyu2002
    Interaction components (e.g. event interactions, music players, scene changers) can check for object variables by enabling Check Object Variables. Local variables are only available in running events.
    Makinom is much more advanced in that regard and its variable system was build for that from the start.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Running into a design problem when trying to create a all-purpose generic item prefab. Item Collectors: it would be really handy if we could have an optional 'Start X Event before collecting item' so we can do cute animations, dialogue, etc before obtaining the item.
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • @Kirb
    Interesting idea - will look into it.
  • Yep @Kirb second that
  • @Kirb Like Banjo and Kazooie getting a jiggy? Cool idea!