Hi,,
I am curious if there is any easy way to let combatants heal when not in combat either regen or full heal.

Basically what I want here is that if an enemy is chasing the player and then reaches his chase limit, then I want him to heal the damage that he has recieved when he is running back to his old position.

Thanks in advance!

/T
  • Well, you can tell him to do that in the battle AI, i.e. use the heal ability when no enemy is around (distance check).

Alternatively, there's the Status Value Time Changes settings which allow setting up status regeneration over time in and out of battle.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ahhh great!

Both those options would be working indeed! I think I gonna use the Status Value Time Changes then since it seems more convenient to adjust accordingly.
  • edited September 2015
    Hmmm some questions....

1.) If I am using the "Status Value Time Changes" and then choose field... will that be functional when I am having the whole scene as a realtime battle area?

2.) How do I setup a formula so that it add a % amount of health? I can't really find a node that allows me to add lets say 10% of the Max Health as Health to my player.

3.) I also took a look at the generate event... It has quite few settings, and there it doesn't say how the regenerate will work... how much is added each time, and how long is each tick etc.

Post edited by thrilled on
  • 1) If the combatant is in battle, the Battle changes will be used, otherwise the Field changes.
    So, if your scene is a real time battle area, the combatants will be in battle :)

2) Now, that isn't really complicated to do if you think about it - add the max health using a Status Value step and multiply it by 0.1 to get 10 % of the max health :)

3) The Regenerate node fully regenerates all Consumable type status values to their current maximum value, except for those status values that have No Regenerate enabled.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • 1.) Ok so that's means that he will be permanently in battle... so there is no way for me to separate when he should regen or not, cause regen shall not happen in battle :p So this would mean that I should use the battle ai and distance check and a heal ability (which in fact will be much easier and better when you added the functionality to call a battle event within the battle ai as you said you would work on... much more convenient!)

2.) Evil wizard erased the part in the brain that looks for the easy solution leaving me with the part that was looking for a % value instead of doing the obvious that you pointed out! Thanks!

3.) Ok... I can live with that but I would prefer to have it possible to choose ie a formula as you can do with the "Status Value Time Changes". Cause then it could actually be a regenerate as the word itself says and not a refill ;) So an option to set the amount either through value or formula and also a timeframe per "tick" and then it would be perfect :)
  • 1) Battle events are called from the battle AI in form of the action steps, i.e. performing an action. There's no other way to start a battle event, as it always requires an action.
    I'll look into allowing game events in the battle AI, but this doesn't mean that it's coming, or coming anytime soon :)

3) There's the Change Status Value step for that. Also, you can use status effects for over time regeneration.
  • 1.) I don't believe you GiL... everytime you have said you will look into it then you have spoiled me with having it implemented in the next update so now you set the best practise there ;)

3.) Thanks now I got more meat on my bone... I gonna check this up later then