Hi:

When using ORK framework editor on latest macOS, I got following warning:

Metal: Error creating pipeline state (Hidden/Internal-GUITextureClip): Vertex attribute TEXCOORD0(2) is missing from the vertex descriptor
(null)

Also, some of the input field lose focus on each character typed, such as combatant name input field.

Cheers
Kenyon
  • BTW I am using unity 2017.3

Cheers
  • I just had this same error today, after a couple days of the field losing focus bug.

Mac OSX High Sierra
    Unity v2017.2.0f3
    ORK Framework v2.14.2

When I try to run my build I get console errors: the first one is
    "Error while parsing XML data: at System.String.IndexOf (Char value, Int32 startIndex, Int32 count) [0x00013] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/String.cs:1114
    at ORKFramework.XML.XMLParser.Parse () [0x00000] in :0 " I get a similar error whenever I try to load or save. Followed by a Unity Engine called Debug log tracking every motion made in the game up until freezing and being exited.

The freezing I was getting seems to be the result of a null reference exception when an ability in battle tries to spawn a prefab.
  • The text field losing focus is a Unity issue since 2017.2 - they seem to have a fix in review according to the issue tracker.

Will look into the warning - probably coming from the shader used for the grid in the node editors, although it's using a built-in Unity shader. As long as it's just a warning it shouldn't really cause an issue.

@Megami
    That's probably coming from a save game file that was altered outside of ORK and can't be parsed by ORK's XML parser any longer. You should probably delete the save games (os save over the corrupted one).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I tried installing the most recent version of Unity and opening the project there. It still showed a Metal error and a string of others from trying to import. I haven't altered the save files outside of Ork, but I tried starting a new game and saving, and got a new red-flagged error.
    Error while parsing XML data: at System.String.IndexOf (Char value, Int32 startIndex, Int32 count) [0x00013] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/String.cs:1114
    at ORKFramework.XML.XMLParser.Parse () [0x00000] in :0
    I'm sorry I can't tell if this is ORK side or Unity side... It just makes me leery to continue development in this project.
  • If you'd post the rest of the error message I could see where the XML parser is called from, although it's most likely a save game in that context.

Since accessing the save/load file selection will look at all save files to display information, it's enough when one of the save files has an error in it to trigger that error. I'd recommend to delete all save files.

The error might be coming from a variable key using a space, since that wasn't supported before ORK 2.14.2.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Here's the full error log, from starting a new game and then walking up to the save point.

Error while parsing XML data: at System.String.IndexOf (Char value, Int32 startIndex, Int32 count) [0x00013] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/String.cs:1114
    at ORKFramework.XML.XMLParser.Parse () [0x00000] in :0
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    ORKFramework.XML.XMLParser:Parse()
    ORKFramework.SaveGameHandler:LoadFile(Int32)
    ORKFramework.SaveGameHandler:CreateFileInfo(Int32)
    ORKFramework.SaveGameHandler:CreateInfos()
    ORKFramework.Behaviours.SavePoint:StartEvent(GameObject)
    ORKFramework.Behaviours.BaseInteraction:StartMoveToInteraction(GameObject)
    ORKFramework.Behaviours.BaseInteraction:Interact()
    ORKFramework.Behaviours.InteractionController:Interact()
    ORKFramework.ControlHandler:CheckInteractions(GameObject)
    ORKFramework.ControlHandler:Tick()
    ORKFramework.ORKCore:FireTick()
    ORKFramework.ORKHandler:Update()
    Where are the save files stored to delete them?

And thank you for being willing to hold my hand with this... There are some things I pick up quickly and this is not one of them ^^,
  • Yep, definitely a save file :)
    Depending on your operating system and if you're using File or PlayerPrefs save mode in ORK, the location is different. E.g. on Windows 10, files are stored in your user folder in AppData/LocalLow in a folder based on your company and game name defined in the Unity project.