I am making 2D RPG. A combatant in my game has 2 prefabs, front and back, where front is for enemy and back is for player and ally, just like pokemon battle.

The conditional prefab can only check status and object variable, it cannot check which faction the combatant belongs to. Does that mean I have to change the object variable in a battle start event?

Btw, do I need to set object variable in all prefabs or just in the main prefab? Eg. only set variable in front prefab, when the combatant changes to back prefab, the object variable will still work or not?
  • chyj4747 said: The conditional prefab can only check status and object variable,
    Why not set up a system in which being in faction changes status or object variable?

• The combatant is always in one faction. It won't change faction in field and battle. But it should show front prefab in field and back prefab in battle.

The system you said may not work in this case. Or do I misunderstand something?
  • Okay, I found object variable setting and spawn event in combatant setting. Solved