When I use combatant spawners, I often (not every time) get that error message in the console:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ORKFramework.Behaviours.CombatantSpawner.OnDestroy () (at :0)

Any idea why and how I could remove it?
  • Hm, strange - not happening here (and I don't really see how this could happen, code-wise).
    Which ORK/Unity versions are you using?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • 2019.4.1f1 and ORK 2.30.1. However, I have this error since many months and I was on a different Unity version then.

The error doesn't happen every time I run the game and stop though... And it only happen when I stop the game, so it's not very inconvenient... I simply wanted to know.

I am currently unable to tell what I do that could trigger the error. I can run the game 2 times and the error will happen once... Or so it seems.
  • I get this too. Every time, for every combatant spawner, when I stop the game. If I have 6 combatant spawners, I get this message 6 times when I stop running the game. It doesn't seem to cause any problems really, but it is always there, every time.
  • Did some tests and this doesn't really happen here. Could you give me some details on your combatant spawner's setup?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hello, I have the same issue ...
    My combatant spawner setup:

• Thanks, I'll look into it and do some tests with that setup.
  • Good news, I managed to find the issue - since it only occured when having the ORK editor open while playing (and stopping) the game, it never happened for me due to usually closing it for play/testing :)