I'm trying really hard to find some pre-written ORK actions for PlayMaker... I know there used to be an asset with nearly 500 actions, but it's completely disappeared from the internet (and so has the author).

Does anybody have a backup of this asset? Or has anybody created any new ones that I could download or purchase? I tried contacting the author a few weeks ago on facebook, but got no response.
  • I've created two playmaker actions that get and set Ork's global variables of string, float, vect 3 and bool. You can find them here.

http://forum.orkframework.com/discussion/1888/my-playmaker-get-set-actions-for-ork-framework#latest

You can also start an Ork Events Interactions using the playmaker action Call Method. The method you should choose is "void StartEvent (GameObject)". The game object being the object the Event Interaction is on.

If you want to start a Playmaker action from Ork you should use the node Call Function. Class origin = component. Class Name = PlayMakerFSM. Target Object has to be the object with the playmaker component on it. This can be an actor object from the scene or a fount object. Function Name = SendEvent. Add a parameter, set it to string. The parameter is the Global Event(transition) of the Playmaker FSM you want to call.

I use all of these tools/method in my game so they work quite well. If you have any questions let me know.
  • dunebug said: Does anybody have a backup of this asset? Or has anybody created any new ones that I could download or purchase? I tried contacting the author a few weeks ago on facebook, but got no response.
    I have a backup of it somewhere, but it won't be of any use, as it always needed to be updated for every ORK release.

I ran a decompiler on the distributed .dll a couple of years ago, and it was easy to see why this was the case (and why the asset did not include any source code). He duplicated virtually all of the ORK gameplay classes (by copying and pasting verbatim from the ORK source code) and modified them to bridge the ORK classes with the custom PM actions. (Unsurprisingly, the ORK + Behavior Designer asset contains a large amount of code copied verbatim and modified from both ORK and Behavior Designer)

Without getting into the ethical issues with how the asset was created, there is no way that it would be usable with anything other than whatever the most recent version of ORK was when he stopped maintaining the asset. I remember trying to use it way back when, and any non-trivial changes to ORK in a new release would break the asset.

This doesn't help you in terms of getting some pre-written Playmaker actions, but at least you won't waste more of your time trying to track down the asset or its author.