I am trying to test the spawning to another piece of terrain with a vector3.
I have created 2 pieces of terrain and placed them together in a brand new project and added the ork framework and did the setup and then did tutorial 3 to add a player to the scene and that is it.

for the life of me I cannot figure out why I am getting these errors:
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ORKFramework.ORK.get_GameSettings ()
ORKFramework.RaycastHelper.Raycast (Vector3 origin, Vector3 direction, ORKFramework.RaycastOutput& output, Single distance, LayerMask layerMask)
ORKFramework.Behaviours.SpawnPoint.SetOnGround ()
ORKFramework.Behaviours.SpawnPoint.Start ()

• Seems like you're doing something without ORK being initialized - do you have an ORK game starter (e.g. set to start the game) when you test it?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yes, I gave up and started all over, I just chalked it up as a fluke that would never be solved. I had followed your tutorials step by step.
  • SO, I have been trying to get things working for a few days now.

I have started from scratch after months of being upset that I lost everything when I moved from unity 4 to 5.

I have followed your tutorials word for word and when I try and start the scene to just display the main menu it never works.

Has something changed? I have tried to figure this out for days and I am just out of ideas.
  • make sure your game starter has the ork project file your using in it that can throw a error as well...

make sure your start event is set in the main menu settings as well as the scene you want to load on new game... with out the start event set up your main menu will not show also make sure your main menu scene is set up in the main menu settings as well with auto call checked
    new website can be found here http://www.fore-loregames.com

Follow the game Development on Twitter https://twitter.com/Fore_Lore_Games

or check out the face book page here https://www.facebook.com/ForeLoreGames
  • Yes, I have done this many, many times, still wont work for some reason, I have even rebooted.
  • Other things to check:
    - is Call Main Menu enabled in the game starter, or did you set up the main menu scene and auto call in Menus > Main Menu
    - is your Unity project's Time Scale set to 1 (Edit > Project Settings > Time)
    - does your scene's camera have a GUILayer component (when using the legacy GUI)
    - is your GUI box placed to be visible on the screen (i.e. the content box bounds)

If you hit play and there's a game object named _ORK added to your scene hierarchy, ORK's loaded and initialized. If you get any error messages you'd need to post them here :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!