edited August 2016 in ORK Support
So, I am working on creating ability trees for the game I am working on. I would like to make the ability trees similar to old style world of warcraft or league of legends where new abilities are unlocked as you spend points in the tree. It doesn't matter where you spent the points or in what order, only the number of points spent matters.

Is there a built in way to do this that I'm missing? I haven't been able to find anything like this in the status requirements section.
Post edited by MatrixDragon on
  • No, that's currently not possible.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hmmm, alright. I might work around this by chaining the abilities together diablo 2 style, and just let players drop more points into the ones they want to focus on. Thanks for confirming!

Just out of curiosity, do you think it would be possible to get my original idea to work via scripting? Maybe increment a variable every time a point is put into an ability, and then have the abilities check the variable? I imagine that could get a bit complex with multiple characters and ability trees though, lol.
  • You'd need to change scripts in the ORK gameplay code - but it's possible.
    I'll look into adding this feature in future updates.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks! I think I will just chain the ability requirements together for now.