edited October 2016 in ORK Support
OK, I'm feeling like a newb all over again with ORK. I started a fresh project to toy around with some ideas. I'm running into 2 problems I cannot figure out.

1. My player will not spawn for some reason (using the tutorial). I have him setup in combatants, set the prefab. Nothing.

2. Using a temporary workaround to test a couple of other things, I set up a cube with an interactive event to show a simple dialog. If I set the distance setting to -1, it works when I click on it. Anything above 0, regardless of my distance from the cube including standing right next to it, nothing. I don't see the dialog.

2b. I've tried using the Trigger/Collision events to get the dialog to show with no luck either. I even made sure the interact controller attached to the player(with a combatant component) was overlapping the cube in the SCENE tab. Still nothing.

So, I'm scratching my head. Did I miss a setting somewhere? It's strange after working with ORK for some time now, going back to a blank project and you start forgetting things and feeling like a newbie once again :)
Post edited by keyboardcowboy on
  • For the first one, did you create the event as well?
    j0hnbane
    youtube.com/j0hnbane
  • Yep, created the event and set it as the starting event from the main menu.

Also, tried setting it as an autostart event from within the scene with no luck. This scene has the ORK starter object and does not call the main menu; it just starts the game.
  • Don't forget to enable Start Game in the game starter if you want to start right in the scene without the main menu :)

If no player is spawned you can only start interactions through a mouse click when the mouse distance is -1 (i.e. set up to not check for player distance). 0 will disable click interaction, every value above 0 will require the distance between player and interaction to be below that distance.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • That explains why the interaction doesn't work.

I double-checked that Start Game was enabled. It is. I'll keep poking around. I know I've missed a setting somewhere.

I think I'll start a fresh project and walk through the steps one more time. I might see what I missed that way.
  • Make sure that you're using the correct start event, e.g. put a dialogue in it to see if it's displayed.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!