edited November 2016 in ORK Support
I have problem with walk animation.
When my character moves in world it is working fine. I have all frames and animation is smooth(Character is 2d and uses sprites), but when battle starts character moves fast and looses some frames so it looks very broken.

When I change move value to 2-3 its ok, animation is full but character moves very slow. I was trying change values in event and combatant options but it didn't work. Can someone give me some suggestions?

Combatant:
img1

Battle Event:
img2

On other battle types it is working fine so the problem exists in grid battle.
Post edited by Seph on
  • What player controls are you using and at what speed is the player moving?
    Most likely your player controls are moving on a different speed than the battle animations using the Run speed. The Speed setting when not using the Value speed type is only used as a fallback value, in case the used game object isn't a combatant with defined movement speeds.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Player controls:
    img1

When i change value to 10 and disable "Use Combatant Speed" player moves faster in world and animation is still working, but in battle it is still broken.

I changed value of "move" animation from 1 to 1.8 in animation controller. It is much faster but it has full frames, so its kinda better.

I do not get why animation is working in world but not in battle for values:
    Player move: 4
    Animation speed in controller: 1

but is working:
    Player move: 4
    Animation speed in controller: 1.8

& of course it is working for:

Player move: 1
    Animation speed: 1
    but its soooooooooo slow :D

I think for 4-1 it should be broken in both battle and world.

I forgot to mention I use Mecanim system.
  • Do you use ORK's animation overrides to use different animations in battle? E.g. in the combatan's setup or on an equipment.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited November 2016
    Do You mean this?

I tried to change min run speed in animation to 1/2/4/10 but nothing changed.
    I didn't change anything in equipment:
    Post edited by Seph on
  • Seems like you only use one animation setup, not a battle override. I.e. either your ORK animation setup or your Mecanim animator has some wrong settings.
  • edited November 2016
    I created some tests. I put walk animation to play all the time without Idle and found something interesting.
    When object is in place its works fine but when it starts to move, walk animation is canceled and Idle animation is played instead. You can see it on gif:
    http://giphy.com/gifs/l0MYxllJSHiPe6MNi/html5

Problem exist only in grid view. Maybe i made some mistakes in animation setup but shouldn't it be broken in both grid and world?

I deleted nodes between Idle and Walk for tests:

EDIT:
    maybe it is coincidence but idle animation was played when object crossed grid cell.

EDIT 2:
    I found a issue. When character is moving between cells with short distance the animation is resetting. Object is "standing" for a short time in central of cell so idle animation begins to play(do not know why). If distance is bigger, animation works fine.

gray cell - position of object at start
    red path - animation is broken
    green path - animation works fine
    green cell - target

Anyway to fix it?
    Post edited by Seph on
  • How is your grid move event set up?
  • Grid move event was imported from prefab assets:

Battle animations:
  • Can you send me a test Unity project to contact@orkframework.com? Just a small project where this is happening, e.g. a single scene.
  • Done. Please check Your email box.
    Thank you for help with this problem.
  • Thanks, I found the issue.

There's a small stop between each cell (naturally) wich usually doesn't cause an issue, but since you're using 2D characters, there's no real crossfading between the animations, that's why it's visible.

I'll add new options in the next update to ignore these short move speed changes in the auto animations.
  • Ok, thank You for information.
    I will wait for update.