1.can some one tell me, if i can achieve a real time battle system similar to that of torchlight or titan quest, where the player can hit melee and range with cast/projectile animation. and the enemies also work the same way using normal attacks and magical spells with projectile animatiion .
2. and abilities spells can be used with skill bars and hotkeys ?
  • I don't know Torchlight or Titan Quest but you can achieve a real time battle system. Player can hit melee and range with cast/projectile animation. The enemies can work the same way.

And yes, abilities and spells can be used with skill bars and hot keys. There are tutorials for that.

And more. :)
  • i ll look more of that tutorial
  • Here are some tutorials:
    - hack'n'slay gameplay has been handled in the game tutorial series, starting at part 31
    - skillbars and hotkeys
    - throwing a fireball (projectile)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • thank you!
    i will complete the tutorials and will jump to other two in gameplay tutorials.
    and i ll come back if i get some difficulty.
  • edited May 2017
    I have went through the tutorials but for some reason the HP bar disappears when the AI targets the player. And where are the damage numbers?

How can I get rid of the message bar at the top of the screen?
    Post edited by GearedGeek on
  • I have recorded a video showing the issue. I have also noticed that when a new AI is spawned the combat mode doesn't change like when I killed the first AI.

• edited May 2017
    Why does the HP Bar disappears when the player enters the Real Time Battle Area? Or when the enemy AI starts the a battle.

Why does the first spawned enemy AI is able to start a battle outside the Real Time Battle Area? Once the first enemy AI dies the second spawned enemy AI is not able to start a battle unless the player and second enemy AI are within the Real Time Battle Area?

After the first and second enemy AI are killed why is there no more enemy AI spawning?

EDIT: The Scene ID was enabled. This was stopping the enemy AI from spawning.
  • Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the reason why no more enemies are spawned is because of the Scene ID is check marked in the Combatant Spawner. Once I uncheck marked that Scene ID more then two enemy AIs spawned.

But I think I caused a bug with one of the enemy AI. I used the Fire ability on one of the enemy AI and killed it. But the enemy AI has not despawned. Since that dead enemy AI has not despawned no more enemy AIs are spawning.
  • I noticed that when the enemy AI detects the player it will move towards the player once the enemy AI reaches the distance the enemy AI will move around to follow that distance. This creates a problem when the player is trying to attack the enemy AI.

If the player is moving away from the enemy AI when it detects the player the enemy AI will target the back side of the player so when the player tries facing the enemy AI the enemy AI will move to the back side of the player. So then what happens the player will go around in circles trying to hit the enemy.

How can I make it where the enemy AI won't follow a single point on the player? Instead the enemy AI will attack the player as long as the player is in range. This way the player can move around to get a better position in the scene and can still attack the enemy AI by just turning around because the enemy AI is just following the player to attack.
  • edited May 2017
    After the player kills a enemy AI the Victory Gain Notification appears then the player can press OK button or press the attack key. But I have noticed that if the player attacks an enemy AI in direction A then after killing the enemy AI looks at direction B when the Victory Gain Notification appears the player will get turned back to direction A.

Is there a way to fix/turn this off?

EDIT: I turned off the Victory Gain Notification and the camera does the same thing. It's like it looks at the direction of the killed enemy AI then moves back to the direction that the player is facing.

Now of course this is probably due to the camera I'm currently using. I'm using the follow camera because I haven't been able to get a better camera working. The default cameras don't work for my needs. I'm trying to get a MMO RPG style camera.
  • edited May 2017
    GearedGeek said: How can I get rid of the message bar at the top of the screen?
    I figured out how to remove the message bar at the top of the screen. I just uncheck marked the Show In (Real Time) under Info Text Settings in Battle Texts.
  • GearedGeek said: Why does the HP Bar disappears when the player enters the Real Time Battle Area? Or when the enemy AI starts the a battle.
    I have figured this one out. In Menus under HUDs in HP Bar, Change the Battle Types to Ignore in Display Conditions. This way the HP Bar will continue to show in and out of battles.
  • HP bars > you figured it out :)
    This is also valid for all the other HUDs (or Equipment Viewers) - always make sure they're set up to show in the correct game states.

The Scene ID of combatant spawners (or item collectors) is used to have stuff only appear once, e.g. a combatant no longer spawning after killing it. For reappearing stuff, disable using scene IDs.

Enemies chasing > there are settings for controlling ranges in the move AI settings, e.g. to only hunt within a defined area of the spawn position of the combatant, use the Hunting Range setting.

The camera thing when killing an enemy is most likely coming from the enemy's death battle event. Check that out if there are some camera changes in there (and remove them).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!