• Oh right, that's actaully a great idea, thanks! I already have a test scene where this is set up so if I can just have the game start on that scene (trivial change) and delete everything else except the combatant assets, and that should work! Ok i'll give that a shot after I try to debug it a bit more on my own :) Thanks for the idea!
  • I tried debugging this but could not, after trying everything. It took several hours but I was able to put together a small test project - all the textures and such are missing so bear with it :D

I emailed it to you.
  • Uh... I also tried setting the ability node in question to 'disabled' and the enemy still used it. So I suspected whether the ability use was coming through the battle AI at all. But if I remove the node from the Battle AI then it doesn't get used. What is going on hahaha I'm so confused.
  • I'll test it later today - but if the enemy is also using it with the node disabled, it's most likely because it's not using that battle AI's action.

In case the ability is the base attack of the combatant, that's where it's coming from - if the battle AI doesn't find an action, the combatant's base attack will be used on whatever target is found by auto targets (if used) or the combatant's AI setting (i.e. if none enabled, a random target).
    To prevent this, you just have to set up a battle AI with a None action and add it as the last battle AI of your combatant. That way the combatant will do nothing if none of the other battle AIs found an action.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • As I said, when I REMOVE the node from the battle AI, the enemy does not use it! So it MUST be coming from the battle AI. But when i DISABLE it from the battle AI, it still uses it!

Baffling :) But thanks for looking into it! I did also check the base attack, so that isn't it :)