edited April 2017 in ORK Support
Hello,
I downloaded new version of ORK and I do tutorials of Grid Battle again.
I have problem when player turn switch to enemy turn. After his move/attack/or anything it doesn't back to player. Menu do not show again and characters just plays idle animation.
I ended here: http://orkframework.com/tutorial/gameplay/grid-battles-part-3/

Where should I check for my mistake?

EDIT:
If I will not find my mistake, Can someone upload project with working Grid Battles(simple one, can be this one from showcase)?
Post edited by Seph on
  • Do you get any errors in the Unity console?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • No, 0 errors.

Now I see that i have new version of Unity 5.6? can this be a problem?
  • Could be - Unity 5.6 isn't supported yet.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Can I download any 5.5 version or need to be specific one?
    Ps. I will need to start again, do you have some sample of Grid Battle that i can check?

• Any Unity 5.5 version is fine.
  • Ok, I will check it and write if it is problem with version 5.6.
  • I've had this happen to me as well, using Unity 5.5. First time it happened to me was after I updated ORK from 2.8 to 2.9. I've had it happen more recently on ORK 2.10.1 as well. Never did figure out what caused it. Always happened early enough that it was more time efficient to just revert to an earlier state rather than try to fix it.

This is not helpful in the slightest in terms of fixing a problem, but I'm just letting GiL know that it does still happen. :-)
  • Hm, ORK 2.10.1 fixed an issue in the grid battles that halted the battle - if you still get that, I'd need more details on how/when that's happening and your setup :)
  • After downgrade to 5.5 project is working, but battle is not... I have 2 bugs:
    1) when I add grid on map, in turn based battles(normal one) I cannot attack, button is gray. When I delete this grid from map it works fine.
    2) When I fight on grid battle, I can do almost all things but I cannot do basic attack. I have sent you project on PW.

What I have done:
    1) Downloaded full ork demo project from site.
    2) Downloaded and added to project Grid Prefabs assets.
    3) Fallowed tutorials to Part 3 on grid battle tutorial.

I will be grateful for help.
  • You didn't set up the default use range and your attack ability overrides the default range with a None range. Without use ranges set up correctly for grid battles, there's naturally not arget available :)
  • edited April 2017
    Do you mean:
    http://orkframework.com/tutorial/gameplay/grid-battles-part-3/
    Point: 6: Default Grid Range??
    Or Do I misunderstand something.

EDIT:
    Still not working I set range:
    battlerange difrange

Tried this too:
    attack
    Post edited by Seph on
  • You're working on the wrong ORK project file. Your ORK editor opens one of the backups instead of the project used by your game starter.
    I.e. none of your changes are used by the running game ...
  • That was correct, I do not know why editor opened backup.
    What I have done -> deleted all backups and reopen unity project.

Thank you for help.

PS. How did you discover it is backup? Maybe in future i will have the same problem so I will know to check it first.

• You can check which project is open (and open a different project) in Editor > About in the ORK editor. You can also open other projects by double clicking on the project asset file.
    The editor will always open the last project you worked on (unless you directly open a different project), so you probably at some point opened one of the backups :)
  • OK, I see now that information.
    Maybe by accident I clicked on some backup file on file explorer/Unity Editor and I didn't notice that.
    Good to know and about that option.

Thank you.