Hi all,

I have a grid battle that has deviated some from the tutorial, and I can't seem to find what's responsible for this behavior.

My grid battle has mouse hover enabled for selections. Once I switched to the Top Down Border camera controller and enabled the Camera Control Target settings outlined in the grid battle tutorial, my selected cell zips from one edge to the other at the slightest mouse nudge. It's impossible to stop on any cells in between. Previously, my view had been static with the field centered on the screen, so I'm not sure how long whatever this is has been going on. My camera is the GridView setup from the tutorial as well.

Any insight is appreciated, and just let me know if I can clarify anything else. Thanks!
  • The issue is that setting the camera to the selected cell will immediately cause another cell to be selected (due to the mouse being over a different cell). A fix for this will be in the next update - i.e. cursor over cell selection will no longer trigger changing the camera control target.
    For now, you can solve this by disabling the Camera Control Target settings.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ah, of course! That makes total sense. /)_^ Thank you GiL!