edited October 2017 in ORK Support
Hi,
I have a combatant A, if A is in the battle group, then all combatants in battle group will get some bonuses.
My solution is let A learn a passive ability that can give some bonuses.
In the ability's Base Settings, I set Useable In to none, then I can't set the target type.
Is that the passive ability can only be used on the user ? Is there another way I can make the whole battle group get the bonuses?
Post edited by bitmore on
  • edited October 2017
    Passive abilities are only affecting the combatant that knows it. However, you can learn abilities as a group ability, which makes it available to every combatant in the group.
    When learning the ability (e.g. in the combatant's ability settings), there's an option to learn it as a group ability (Is Group Ability or something like that).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks. I found the setting. After a quick test, the other combatants in battle group will still know the ability even if the Combatant A leave the battle group. This doesn't meet my request. I'm using active ability instead until I find a better solution.
    Can I check if the Combatant A is in the battle group in a formula? I can't find the node do the check. If I can check if a combatant is in the battle group, then I can add the status bonuses while calculating the damage.
  • edited October 2017
    You can add a game var to a combatant, and I'm pretty sure you can check for that var, and if it's there, add a bonus to the group through a battle event. And I think there are even other ways to add that bonus, with requirements to bonuses in battle triggers, requirements to abilities, off the top of my head.
    Post edited by UserName on