• Oh, this is actually perfect. I've been going back in forward in my mind if I should do a series of tutorials for getting a 2d rpg off the ground. With Unity's tileset out and Makinom now being free, this is the perfect time to get started.

Thanks for all your hard work GIL, your continuous support has made ORK one of the best assets on the market. I'll be here in the shadows rooting and supporting you in the good times to come.
  • How could I not support you? :-)

I'm in at the "early access" level.

• @Keldryn
    Thanks, the first beta will be available next week :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Makinom Free is now available in the Unity Asset Store!
    Future udpates will be distributed via the Asset Store, so there'll be no more direct download from the website :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hi GIL, do you plan to keep Makinom up to date along side with ORK? What's the future of Makinom? I'm asking because I'm about to start converting my complex ORK stuff into Makinom.
  • edited December 2017
    Makinom will receive regular updates, just like ORK :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Hello!

I have again some spare time for Unity, so ORK is my first thought.
    I was surprised with pleasure by GiL's decision to set up a Patreon page, i was expecting that for so long. ( http://forum.orkframework.com/discussion/comment/20259/#Comment_20259 and many private messages about it ...Ehehehe)
    So, now that i can enjoy some random development, i feel i must give my support to my favorite dev: i am supporter starting from today!

Have a nice day everyone, and happy Christmas Holidays!

• @Kaemalux
    Thanks, I really appreciate that :)
  • Hi, I am sorry for asking a noob and quick question, I check the makinom it's pretty much the same with ork framework but has less features. I don't quite understand, if I already use ork framework, what do I get if I use makinom? I mean what is the feature that ork framework doesn't have? And I read in forum, people seems using both of them.
  • In my case, the schematics and machines in Makinom help me with some general tasks. E.g. using tick machine, I can trigger an ORK event in each frame update where I don't see this option in ORK framework solely.
  • Makinom is a general purpose game toolkit, based on ORK's event system, but on steroids.

If you already use ORK and don't need anything more, you probably don't need Makinom. However, if there's something you need to do but ORK can't do, there's a good chance you can use Makinom to do the task, e.g. player/camera controls, more complex game mechanics, etc.

@ljx00_520
    Well, you can do that from just ORK by using an Event Interaction with start type Autostart and Repeat Event enabled :)
  • edited April 2018
    I see the obvious different is player / camera control. The other option that ORK gives for controls is custom script. I think I will try it when my development is deeper. Thanks! Makinom is indeed promising.

@ljx00_520 I almost try it, but the answer from @gamingislove is a better choice for me.
    Post edited by ledx on