edited November 2017 in Makinom Support
I am running into this error as soon as I try to save or load a game.
Not sure what the cause may be, any suggestions to fix this is greatly appreciated.
Error

Thanks,
-Nate =]

[SOLVED] found a variable with a space in it
Post edited by relenting_1 on
Portfolio - My Website
Follow my project on Reddit - My Game DevLog
relentingVids - My YouTube Channel
Half Super Shop - My Shop
  • Hm, you're most likely using a variable key with a space, e.g. 'variable key' instead of 'variable_key'.
    Spaces are not allowed in variable keys.

You can quickly see if (and where) there is such a variable key used in your game in Editor > Game Variables.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I just checked and none of the variables have spaces.
    Is space the only rule to not use with variables?

I do have some variables that are as follows:
    variable's_key
    variable(1)
    !variable!
    _variable
    variable-key

Saving and loading is still giving me this error.

Also would this throw the error because I have a check string field if nothing is there?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    -Nate
    Portfolio - My Website
  • Hm, no, these variable keys are all working ... think you can send me a Unity test project (and maybe the save file)?

The Check Fields node looks correct (and works on my end). Alternatively you can also use the Store UI Input Field node to store the value into a variable and check that.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited November 2017
    Thanks for checking GIL!
    Problem solved, found a variable with a space.
    Post edited by relenting_1 on
    Portfolio - My Website
  • For others having a similar issue - the next Makinom update will allow variable keys with spaces in save games :)
  • Gil is love!

Thank you!
    Portfolio - My Website