• The Mouse and Top Down Border camera controls already scratch that itch, so for anything more sophisticated I'd go with one of the great camera controllers that are available and use the wrapper component I provided.

Also, you'd run into the same issues with the built-in camera controls as with 3rd party controls - battle camera, event camera changes and active camera controls will overrule each other if all are used :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited April 2019
    Is it possible to switch the main playable character to one of my allies? Like if i want to run around with them instead?

Lets say I have my main player in a battle with 2 other party members who only appear during the battle. What if i wanted to change my playable character to one of the other party members to run around with.

If possible can i do it during battle? Will it fix the camera follow during battle issue?

Also is it possible to swap out characters in a battle like in Final Fantasy X?
    Post edited by jrush64 on
  • There are different ways to do this, e.g.:
    - switching the group leader by changing the 1st battle group member (e.g. via a group menu or the event system)
    - using a Set Player node in an event
    - using the Group Member Keys settings in Base/Control > Game Controls

You can switch combatants via the Change Member action, e.g. added to the battle menu or as a shortcut via the shortcut settings (Menus > Shortcut Settings). Changing a combatant can also be animated via the Retreat Animation (for the leaving combatant) and the Enter Battle Animation (for the new combatant) battle events - the default events are set up in Battle System > Battle Settings and can be overridden by each individual combatant.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks but I cant set the player to the next active player in the battle group.

One more thing, I spawn my characters only during battle. When I start a battle, my battle group members aren't in their battle idle position. Its only when I attack or defend or do something do they enter their battle idle.

If i add my characters and they appear in the field, they enter a battle with their battle idle position no problem. If I make them only appear in battle, they dont show their battle idle unless i attack or defend.

I'm using mecanim.
  • Why can't you set the player - is it not working or not part of your game mechanic? If it's not working, do you get an error in the Unity console?

As for the battle idle - try playing the idle/battle idle animation in the battle start event for the player group (after spawning the combatants). If that's not working, try first stopping the animation or playing a different animation before playing the idle animation.
  • i dont want them to spawn in the field only in battle. i set that on purpose using spawn group.

I dont want to see them in the field except in battle even though they appear in the menus.
  • When not spawning the group in the field, switching the player with the Group Member Keys will replace the spawned player with the next member (the new player).