I see that Ork Framework uses Legacy models in the examples that come within the framework. I was able to config a Mecanim model. But now I purchase some old models that are of type "Generic", is it possible to use Generic models with Ork Framework?
I mean, is it possible to config a generic model to use the animations that comes with it?
  • ORK doesn't really care what kind of model you're using - it also doesn't matter if you're using legacy or Mecanim or some custom system for your animations. You just need to set it up correctly in ORK so that it can play the animation, the rest is up the the used system.

For your generic model, as long as you're able to set it up on your game object to be able to play the animation (legacy or Mecanim), ORK can play them (if set up correctly) :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited December 2019
    Please, correct me if I am wrong. Since my models are of the type "generic", the animation that comes with them are "generic animations"

I try to convert my character type from Generic to Mecanim Type and after I put the animations on it and become a total mess, the character moves very strangely.

Is there any tutorial that I can follow to add my characters using "generic animations"? Or I need to convert my animations to Legacy or Mecanim?
    Post edited by claudiomg on
  • edited December 2019
    You need to set up your rig as humanoid to use Mecanim animations.
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • Thanks for your answer @Wrofir
    I change the character's rig that I purchase on AssetStore to humanoid, but animations don't work correctly because these characters don't support all humanoid bones or rigs.
    I know that because it shows a message on Unity an error and when I play the animation with the rig set to Mecanim, the animation don't work correctly. I see my only option is to use the Legacy rig.
  • In that case, just use the legacy animation system - it's usually a bit easier to setup in ORK and getting it right, as ORK can just directly play the animations.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited December 2019
    Ok, I did that and it works for me. Thank you.
    Post edited by claudiomg on