edited January 2020 in ORK Support
Hi,

1) I noticed when using an ability with Target Range: None and Use Target Raycast, the ability is still cast on an individual combatant if a combatant is selected, instead of on the ground. With these kind of abilities I would like to be only select a point on the Ground layer where to cast the spell even if the player has a combatant targeted already. Is this possible?

2) When using a Cursor Object for abilities as described above, is it possible to "clamp" the cursor distance within the range defined in Use Range Settings? Right now if I have my ability range at 15 and my raycast distance at 100, the cursor gets "stuck" on the edges of 15 units. I would like it to instead smoothly follow the edges of the range. So if the player moves his mouse further than 15 distance and moves his mouse left or right the cursor prefab would follow the edges of the perimeter instead of getting stuck.
And if I set the Raycast Distance to also 15 - the target cursor can float in the air and the player can cast the spell in the air which I don't want.
Post edited by pesukarhu on
  • 1) That's what the Layer Mask setting is there for - make sure to have your combatants and the ground/environment on different layers, so that you can target them separately.

2) I'll look into that.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2020
    gamingislove said:
    1) That's what the Layer Mask setting is there for - make sure to have your combatants and the ground/environment on different layers, so that you can target them separately.
    Ah, sorry, I explained it poorly. I meant if I select a combatant BEFORE casting the ability, it is cast directly on that selected combatant bypassing the selection of a point with raycast. As in cursor object doesn't appear and the ability is cast immediately. My only Layer Mask is Terrain and combatants are on Character layer.

So what happens is:
    1) I click on a enemy combatant and select it
    2) I press my ability shortcut that should display the cursor object
    3) The ability is instantly cast on the target combatant without displaying the cursor object or selecting a point

What I'm trying to achieve is:
    1) I click on an enemy combatant and select it (or I don't have a enemy selected, this is optional)
    2) I press my ability shortcut
    3) Cursor object is displayed and I get to choose where to cast the ability on the Terrain layer despite having a combatant selected
    Post edited by pesukarhu on
  • Yeah, control maps will use group/individual targets if a target is selected. I'll look into a solution :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • There'll be new options to turn off group/individual targets for control map keys, as well as prioritizing raycast targeting when using group/individual targets :)
  • gamingislove said: There'll be new options to turn off group/individual targets for control map keys, as well as prioritizing raycast targeting when using group/individual targets :)
    Awesome, thank you!