I'm following along with the tutorial, so far everything has been pretty easy once I caught on to the format used in it. But now I've run into a snag. In the quote below, the part that says to enable "Use Effect Attributes" In the ORK Framework, I don't see that as a check mark. It's a drop down list with, None, Add, Replace, or Add Replace as options.

Am I looking in the wrong place or has this changed? (For reference I'm in Target Changes but it's the same in Target Critical Changes too. I'm also using the ORK Framework free mode (ORKFrameworkLimited_Unity_2018_2019_2020_2021) with Unity version 2020.3.8f1)
Status Value
Select HP.
Operator
Select Sub.
Value Origin
Select Formula.
Formula
Select Physical Damage.
Use Attribute Changes
Enable this setting.
We want this ability to use attack/defence attributes to modify the final status changes.
Use Effect Attributes
Enable this setting.

We want to use the attack attributes added by status effects – like the Enchant Fire effect we created.
Click on Add Attack Attribute to add an attack attribute to the status changes.

Attack Attribute
Select Element.
Sub-Attribute
Select Normal.
Click on Add Attack Attribute again to add another attack attribute to the status changes.

Attack Attribute
Select Attack Type.
Sub-Attribute
Select Cut.
  • Ah, yeah - there's been a change in recent updates, thanks for letting me know about this :)

I've updated the tutorial, in this setup you'll use Replace to replace attack attributes defined in the status change with attributes from status effects (e.g. the fire enchanting to replace the normal element).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • gamingislove said: Ah, yeah - there's been a change in recent updates, thanks for letting me know about this :)

I've updated the tutorial, in this setup you'll use Replace to replace attack attributes defined in the status change with attributes from status effects (e.g. the fire enchanting to replace the normal element).
    Awesome, thanks. I'll go back later and adjust that in my tutorial. I figured I'd keep going while i waited for a response. Good thing there was a ton of technical stuff to do between that and where I'm at now lol.

I'm on 17 now. It'd definitely been interesting, your ORK system so far has been the first I've looked at where it makes me feel like i can actually produce this. Minus the art and sound. That's going to be a bit more of an issue cost wise.

A second question though if you've got the time. When it comes to items, quests and codex/bestiary entries. Does your system have a way to import from say a spread sheet or something similar?

I'm just thinking that to enter hundreds of items one by one would be enough to make people pull out hair and then give up for months at a time lol.
  • Not out of the box, but you can do that with custom editor scripts.
    You have full access to ORK's settings and can change them via scripts, i.e. as long as you call your scripts while the ORK editor is open, you can save those changes.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ah I see. I'll have to look into that. Another question, where I suspect the answer is the same. Is it possible to build a codex for extra info that the player can read there and have entries unlock based on what the player finds / does in game?

I remember reading about a bestiary but I haven't gotten that far in the tutorial yet. Not sure if it'd work for what I want or just be part of it.
  • There are multiple things for this - the general approach would be the logs (they are used in game tutorial #38), which allow you to gather information and display them in a log menu. Logs consist of log texts, which you can learn/add via the event system.

The bestiary can collect information about combatants, it's introduced in game tutorial #49.

Finally, you can also use ORK's quest system, for something like this, though I'd say it's best used just for quests :)