I am a beginner.
The ork editor has a description, but the inspector settings have no description. I'm sorry, but I have a lot to ask.
I was watching the npc_purple event settings in the tutorial. I clicked in blocked control under the start type to start the game, but nothing changed. what is this?

What are move to interaction and Orientation?
  • In Blocked Control means that the event can also start when the player control is blocked - it doesn't have much use for Interact start types, but e.g. a Trigger Enter could be useful to start other events during cutscenes when the player moves into them.

Move To Interaction is an optional feature (set up in Base/Control > Game Settings > Interaction Settings > Move To Interaction). It basically moves your player to the interaction before starting it, e.g. when you allow starting an interaction by clicking on it.

Orientation checks allow you to limit from which direction the player can start the interaction. E.g. if a chest should only be opened from the front side, enable Front and disable the rest.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I'm sorry, I wasn't sure about Move To Interaction.
    It didn't seem to change anything when I turned it off and started. But all npc are on. I don't really understand moving to Interaction.
  • It's a separate feature you have to set up in Base/Control > Game Settings > Interaction Settings and doesn't have much use if you e.g. use the Interaction Controller to directly interact with something.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • If you use an interaction controller, you don't have to think too much, right?
    Thank you very much.
  • Pretty much - the interaction controller will interact with what's within the controller's bounds, so it's pretty straight forward :)