• edited January 2022
    Deleting the abilities and redo worked and appears everything is good now. However that still doesn't explain why I had combatant not saving?
    Changing default to warrior didn't have anything to do with those abilities.

About the editor UI on ability levels, in redoing them I found the reason I was seeing wrong data was if you don't hit enter and simply click 1/2/3 it won't update what you are looking at. So like I changed 10 to 20 to 40 and clicked between them and they appeared unchanged without hitting enter in the text box itself first. Simple thing, no biggie now that I know you can't just click between boxes changing data and then click a diff ability level.

Edit: @Solkyoshiro when I remade them I still did "level" in the title and it's working. Is that what you meant?
    Post edited by GeneralK on
  • edited January 2022
    @GeneralK
    Hm ... very strange.
    Do you use the backup system, e.g. create a backup when saving or have you ever restored a backup?
    Also, do you move the data assets (found in Assets/Gaming Is Love/_Data/ somewhere else?

I've been working on multiple projects, probably saving hundreds of times a day for months now and never run into anything like these issues.

A field showing some other value when not pressing enter to confirm your change is a Unity editor issue ... it's been around forever.
    Edit: Will add some safeguards for that to the level change buttons (ability/equipment).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • ORK 3 BETA 24 is here!

Small update with a new option for active time battles and some changes/additions to crafting.
    See all details on the beta page.

Crafting Tutorials

The 3D RPG Playground tutorial series got 5 new tutorials covering a crafting system setup.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • SK1SK1
    edited January 2022
    @gamingislove
    I hope you can add the NavMeshAgent movement type to the ButtonPlayerControl type. In this case, the only way to avoid falling from the upper mesh floor is to use NavMeshAgent movement.If you use CharacterController, you need to set up a hidden blocking collider which is very annoying.
    I modified the ButtonPlayerControl script in ORK2.0 to get the NavMeshAgent movement function, but I can't call this script in ORK3.0, so I hope you can add this function to the ButtonPlayerControl type directly.
    This is my modified script download address:
    https://wwi.lanzoul.com/b0dxl8g0h
    密码:dgj4

Post edited by SK1 on
  • @SK1
    Sure, I can add a move type selection for the Button player controls, either moving via Character Controller or a NavMeshAgent. Will be in the next beta.
  • SK1SK1
    edited January 2022
    The custom control function in ORK2 is also gone, I hope this function can be added back.

Post edited by SK1 on
  • @SK1
    It's not gone - it's a Makinom setting in ORK 3, i.e. it can be found a bit above the ORK game control settings: Base/Control > Game Controls > Player Settings > Control Behaviours

You can also add other components (Player Component Settings) and Makinom machine compoennts (Control Machines) there.
  • @gamingislove
    Did you ever recall why Initial Variables can't use Variable Change Temples?
  • @Dre788
    Yes - generally because the initial variables only set global variables, while the regular variable setup (e.g. in the templates) can set them from all kinds of variable origins. That's why I limited the setup capabilities here.
    I'll probably change that in one of the next updates.
  • I did not use the backups until yesterday prior to deleting the elemental abilities.

Yea I hear what you're saying there are thousands of saves from you and the community.

Seeing as monkey and max both experienced it on the elemental abilities as well perhaps it is something to do with that. Not sure why my project worked fine for you, were you able to get in to schematics after saving?

I have not had an issue since removing the elemental abils and adding them back. I saved each time I finished adding back an elemental ability and it saved the first time each time. Have continued on with the tutorial and saves fine so far but I haven't done much yet.
  • Yes, I had to do one initial save for some changes, but afterwards could change to schematics and wasn't bothered again by any changes (unless I made some).

I'll check your project once more. Might be that whatever the issue was, rebuilding the library (due to the removed library folder) maybe fixed the issue?
  • @gamingislove

Ok so i tried it out again with BETA 24 and nothing changed... still the same issue.

After reading about @GeneralK - that he solved the problem by deleting the element abilities and simply rebuilding them - i just tried (with the fire element) it out myself but it did not work again...

Actually i was able to save until i added a second Level (like described in the tutorials).
    And even now when i delete the second level - i cant make changes to any other option there anymore on this ability...
    Like if adding the second level somehow broke the ability to cahange settings and save them afterwards... super weird.
    I will upload it later (the version from yesterday) and send you the dropbox link like you requested - maybe you will find out whats wrong.
  • A feature I'd really like to see Ork have, a scene changer window.

Rpg builder has it and it's just a very simple way to easily move around your scenes.
    Currently making: Real-Time Diablo-like ARPG
  • I think I found the saving issue - it's now also happening for me when using Unity 2021.2, but not in 2021.1 or earlier.
    Seems like some changes where made to asset database handling, I've made some changes to how I save the assets and it seems to be working now. Still need to test it with other Unity versions for a bit.

So, BETA 25 probably coming later today with a fix for this.
  • edited January 2022
    ORK 3 BETA 25 is here!

This hopefully fixes the saving issues some of you where having.

Also includes some neat new features, e.g. cancelable actions (e.g. attacking someone performing a cancelable action will cancel their action, similar to cancel casting) and new options for the Button player control (e.g. moving via NavMesh agent or animator root motion).

See all details on the beta page.

Btw ... I'm also preparing the next ORK 3 tutorial series, which will focus on real time action combat. Small video sneak peek.
    You'll usually see stuff like that on my twitter, so check there from time to time for updates on upcoming stuff :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on