Hey! I've run into a wall with two features I'm trying to implement involving the Shortcut HUD and thought I'd make a thread for both.

I've set up a shortcut HUD following this tutorial:
https://orkframework.com/guide/tutorials/ui-setups/unity-ui-shortcuts-hud/

1.) I did the Control Maps tip at the bottom to set up the shortcut slots to be assigned to numbers 1-9 on the keyboard but it doesn't seem to work. Clicking on the shortcuts works, using the items that are automatically assigned to the bar. I've tried different input keys and made sure my player was using the control map (I just edited the default one), but it doesn't seem to work. Any idea where I went wrong?

2.) I also set up my inventory based on the Inventory Container tutorial:
https://orkframework.com/guide/tutorials/gameplay-bits/inventory-containers/

I would love slots 1-9 of my shortcut HUD to correspond with slots 1-9 of my inventory, but I'm not sure where to start with that. Any guidance?

Thank you!
-Bap
  • edited February 2023
    1) Make sure the control map is added to your combatant (or all combatants via the general settings). The default setup has no control map added, so even changing the Default control map doesn't automatically do that.
    Otherwise, check if the control map can be used in the current game state, e.g. if it's outside of battle, the Field setting has to be enabled in it's Useable In settings.

2) I don't think this is currently possible out of the box.
    Generally, the Auto Add Slots settings in UI > Shortcut Settings can be used to automatically assign slots when new content is added to the player (e.g. collecting an item or learning an ability) - that could be used to assign them for the initial 'filling' of the inventory.
    Afterwards, the player would have to assign them e.g. via a sub menu in your inventory container menu.

I'll look into adding new options to have control maps be tied to a container slot.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Wanted to let you know: The just released ORK 3.12 adds the Inventory Container Slot action type, e.g. available in control maps.

That should allow such a setup as you asked for in #2 :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Nice! Thank you so much!