Hi there, I'm running into a few problems regarding Target Selections.

1. I'd like to change the color of my combatants while they are being selected. Is "Fade Color" the correct choice here? If so, I can't seem to get this to work at all. There isn't any color change in my material.

2. I'd like to use "Rotate to Target" option. However, this instantly snaps my combatant to it's target. I'd prefer it to be a smoother transition. Is there an option for this?

3. Is there a way to use schematics for Target selections? Like a schematic that runs everytime a target is changed.

4. From the Battle Menu (using Turn Based), you first select an action like Attack or Abilities, and then the Target selection menu comes up. This is great, but I would also like to be able to simply click/tap on a target BEFORE selecting any action and have it default to Attack. Is this possible? Hopefully my explanation is good enough.
  • 1) Yes, Fade Color is the way to go - usually using the Blink color fade type to keep blinking the object.
    If it's working also depends on the used material/shader if it's supported. Also, if the renderer is on child objects, you need to enable Fade Children.

2) Currently not.

3) Currently not, I'll look into adding a new highlight types.

4) You can set up using group/individual target selections in Battles > Target Settings. They allow you to define a target for a combatant or the entire group at any time (e.g. via clicking on them or other inputs). The battle menu, control maps, etc. need to enable using them as targets - with that, selecting an action will use it on the currently selected group/individual target (if possible).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • 2+3) The next update will make this possible.
    The newly added Schematic highlight type solves #3 (separate schematics for highlight and stop highlight) and also allows to do rotations of the user to the target for target highlights (so solving #2).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you for the reply!

I'm very much looking forward to the update. There is quite a lot I can think of doing with it!

Issue 1 has been resolved, it was just an issue of me using the wrong property. (Was using _Color instead of _BaseColor)

As for Issue 4, could you go into more detail? It's possible I maybe explained what I'm looking for incorrectly. I'd like to select a target without having to select an action at all.

What I'd like is to click the Rat here and cause the Cleric or current combatant to Attack it, without having to select Attack from the battle menu.
  • That's possible using control maps (Base/Control > Control Maps):
    - set up an input key for the mouse click
    - set up a control map that's useable in your battle system and has While Choosing enabled
    - add a control key to the control map
    - control key: uses the mouse click input key
    - control key: uses action and attack
    - control key: enable Only Cursor Over Target and Use Cursor Over Target
    - add control map to your combatants (e.g. via default settings in combatant general settings)

This'll now use the base attack when clicking over a (targetable) combatant and uses the combatant as target.
  • Thank you very much. That worked very easily!