edited September 2023 in ORK Support
How to prevent the automatic hiding of the combat menu UI during battles

I need a feature where a certain ability, such as revival or health restoration, is triggered when the player dies. However, if the player's health reaches 0, it will automatically trigger the end of the battle.
Post edited by ranwang520 on
  • There's a node called Cancel Battle End. I believe this could help you keep the battle going so you can use a auto status effect (for example) to revive all your party members.

Or, you can use the node Cancel Death based on if the user has the revive or restoration ability.
  • Where can I find the setting to execute a schematic after a fighter's death? I haven't been able to locate it.
  • Under Combatants -> Battle Animations you can specify a (or multiple) schematics to run on Death Animation. You can set this on a General and/or specific Combatant level.
  • @Dre788
    @Acissathar

Thank you for the guidance.

I have figured it out. However, I have another question. During gameplay, the battle menu disappears, but I don't want it to disappear. I want it to remain visible until the end of the battle. How can I achieve this?
  • The battle menu is only visible while a (player controlled) combatant selects actions.
    An alternative would be to use e.g. a shortcut HUD.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!