JonJon
edited January 10 in ORK Support
I am trying to have a list of abilties that I can use next to a Calculate Action node. But I can't seem to attach an ability to my combatant game object. I use select ability to create an ability and put in my objects selected data variable. But it seems to disappear. what is happening here? This schematic is my Combatant Init schematic.

My combatant does have a Object Variables component attached

The last picture is me trying to use the list but nothing happens. Debug variables also print I have no abilities in my selected data

https://imgur.com/a/30SxJV4

My reasoning for this is that Status Effects do not have a "On Calculate Action" trigger. They have a before action and after action triggers. So I wanted the Status Effect to add an ability to the combatant which gets calculated next to the On Calculate Action node. Just not sure the best way to do this
Post edited by Jon on
  • I've tested your setup and I managed to get [Select Data Count->greater than 0]. Are you 100% certain you hase both the active schematic and object variable on the same object? You can test your schematic by changing "Object" of the selected data to either Global or Object ID to make sure your didn't make any other mistakes.
    Also, Store Selected Data Quantity doesn't seem to work with abilities. I believe the node only counts inventory items.
    So I wanted the Status Effect to add an ability to the combatant which gets calculated next to the On Calculate Action node.
    Couldn't you just check to see if the Status Effect is on the user after the node and add the ability based on that?
  • Thanks, with your help I figured out the issue as I was able to confirm that Object ID was working so it was Object that was the problem.

I had the schematic in Combatant >General Settings > Init Schematics but I needed to put it in Combatant >General Settings > Spawn Schematics.
    Couldn't you just check to see if the Status Effect is on the user after the node and add the ability based on that?
    Its an option, but it doesn't seem the right thing to do. I would want a status effect that will add 1-4 posion damage on a weapon attack or add a chance of bleeding if the enemy is a goblin On Calculate Action, and adding all these check status effects there I think is just hardcoding a fix to the problem.

If I can't have a status effect On Calculate Action trigger, I can have the status effect apply/remove an ability into a list using a schematic on the status effect being applied/removed. The list then has their actions calculated next to my Calculation Action node.

Thanks again
  • JonJon
    edited January 13
    Another issue I am having is, if the ability misses, no target in its affect range gets hit.

I had to use a custom system for determine an action outcome. But I get a null pointer exception on miss. Because there is no miss schematic that ORK is trying to access? So I had to make my custom system for determine if something is a miss or hit or crit and use Calculation Action (x0, x1, or x2) based on the result. But the ability should miss or hit for each target. If the ability misses on the target, no target gets hit by the ability.

With my new ability list. How can my abilities inherit the targets of the current battle action. So far it just targets 1 target only (the one I select).
    Post edited by Jon on
  • JonJon
    edited January 13
    There is a way to select a battle action target. But there seems to be no way to select the current schmatic battle action? You can select the current combantant action, but can't get targets from it?
    Post edited by Jon on
  • The action of the schematic animating it is automatically available as the local selected data action. If that's not what you meant, I'd need more details on what the 'current schematic' is for you?

Also, if you have the action stored in selected data (doesn't matter if it's from the schematic animating the action or via one of the action selecting nodes), you can get the targets from the action(s) stored in selected data via the Select Battle Action Target node.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!