edited February 13 in General Support
I want to create a turn based game with devil may cry combat as like in indivisible can anyone help me
Post edited by Firex on
  • I would recommend going through the 3D Playground RPG tutorial to get familiar with ORK, then you can try implementing and asking about various parts of what you're trying to accomplish.
  • I'd also recommend to take a look at the 3D Action RPG tutorial series afterwards to get familiar with how action combat can be handled.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I am just wondering on how to start
  • How do I create a system like that
  • Ork is a very powerful tool to create a game without requiring programming abilities. However, since it has so many features, it takes a lot of practice to get good with it. It took me about 6 months to get a decent prototype working.

The good news is that the tutorials provided by GIL on the website are great. You should take the time to both tutorials suggested above and do everything step by step to learn as much as possible before even considering working on your own game. It's really the best way to learn how Ork and Makinom work.
  • Can I customize the real time battle system
  • edited February 14
    Yes, ork does not limit you to anything, with real time combat it just removes the 'wait for turn' aspect and allows free movement by default. But all of the combat systems are fully customizable.

By default "Attack" doesn't even do anything. So keep in mind you have to set up everything. HP, MP, AP, whatever, status effects, it all has to be set up by you. That includes what happens when you attack. Playing animations, moving the object, creating and/or activating hitboxes, ext.

That is all done by node based scripting. You don't have to personally code anything with Ork.

It takes a long time to learn, months, but nowadays I can prototype an idea in a day or 2.
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale