• @Griffin
    Output to Console will print the text in the in-game console (which can be enabled in Game > Console Settings). The console can be displayed in the game by using a Console HUD.
    You could also use the Log system (World > Log Types/Logs/Log Texts) to create a dialogue backlog :)

@Solist
    The Fade Object step can fade the alpha of a game object, but you need a renderer on it that supports transparency.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2015
    @gamingislove

I am trying to display the console through Logs, but I am getting a "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ORKFramework.ConsoleRange.InRange (ORKFramework.Combatant user)"

Post edited by Griffin on
  • I'll add a fix in the next update - but how exactly can you display the console through logs? :D
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2015
    @gamingislove

Hah. Well, I suppose I misconstrued what you meant by using Logs. After re-reading what you said, I understand now. Logs work fine, but is there a way to rearrange it?

I am also trying to use the Console Settings to bring up the backlog, but I'm not sure how to connect the console to an input-called Menu Screen. Menu Screens > Add Menu Part doesn't have an option for consoles.
    Post edited by Griffin on
  • Like I said, the console can be displayed using a Console HUD, not a menu screen. But you can optionally bind displaying it to a menu screen using the Display Conditions of the HUD.
  • @gamingislove

There's the problem! I wasn't using Display Conditions properly! Thanks!
  • I would like to request a simple revive player/group event step. The only one I found is recover step, but that forces a heal of all consumable status values which I cannot do because I have about a dozen consumable status values that start from 0 and count upwards, so if I use the recover step to revive someone it also maxes out all those stats. So a revive player step or an option to revive them without healing consumables would be great, or at least a choice of which stats will be healed instead of all of them.
    Thanks
  • @matzart
    Revive step is available with todays update ORK 2.2.3 :)
  • thanks for loop functionality, will check it now :D
  • Hi, IDK if it's me that I'm not understanding how the implementation of the New UI in ORK works. I know how to use the New UI outside of ORK and I actually made one that has animations and everything setup how i like. But in the framework instead of using it exactly how I made it, I would have to set the separate prefabs of each element and preposition everything? If not, please let me know what I should do. I read the tutorial but it didn't help me. Is there a way to just drag and drop the prefab of the entire menu I made and just tell ORK which elements of the prefab do what? That would save me a lot of time.
  • @biohazard
    No, that's currently not possible. ORK creates the menus based on the GUI box settings (e.g. position, size, etc.) so you'll need to add the prefabs for the different parts (mostly just the box and the buttons).
    However, you can just use your own menu and let the buttons call the needed things in ORK. You'll probably need to write a small script that's called by the buttons and does what you need in ORK. If you need help with that, just open a new thread in the scripting section of the forum :)
  • @gamingislove

Is there a way to Freeze Pause the game when the Save/Load menu is called?
  • edited January 2015
    Here's a good one: additional parameters for requirements for Auto Global Events such as Status Values, Equipment, Status Effects, Statistics, etc.

Example: I want an event to trigger when the Player's HP is 45/100. Or equipped with a copper helmet. etc

Having an auto global event that isn't reliant on having a very low check timeout, and instead checks only when these values are changed.
    Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Request....

under status > Ability's > Damage dealer Settings

the ability to add more effect prefabs per tag so you can do different affects on different objects if they are hit with the attack e.g. blood splat particle for a person, sparks for metal ect ect , least this is the only way i can see to do this by tag which is what is needed in this case to determine hit object.
    new website can be found here http://www.fore-loregames.com

Follow the game Development on Twitter https://twitter.com/Fore_Lore_Games

or check out the face book page here https://www.facebook.com/ForeLoreGames
  • Wtyson, well, you can already do that via the event system.
    It is very powerful indeed. I can already hit an enemy to make him spill blood, and hit a wall to make sparks come out. I can even make it so that when the enemy and my character's swords clash together, sparks will appeared at the clashing point (or almost XD) they both will play a clashing animations. To make it better, whenever they clash, a status bar will fill up, and the player can do a special move or use the bar for some awesome thing.
    All without me touching a single line of code. Awesome indeed.