• @Kirb--feel better!

@Gil--taking out Unity 4.6.3 and reinstalling 5.0 worked for me. I have some shader problems--black particles floating in the sky but that's not an ORK problem---I feel brave enough to install this on Mac now. : ) Thanks for the Shader tips.
  • I am on tutorial 22, how does one import the old stuff into unity 5 with 2.4, I seem to be missing something?
  • edited March 2015
    Download Unity 5. You have to open your project in Unity 5 and then import Ork 2.4 after that. Check to make sure the version of Unity you then have in your project is Unity 5 and make sure the version of Ork you have is 2.4. Make a backup of your project before you do any of that.

When Unity5 asks you if you want to fix up old api's say yes. You might lose all your audioclips in audio sources as I did. This seems to be a known issue. Just fix them up. Also, your skybox might look a little strange with areas of black flecks. You can fix up your skybox under Window/Lighting. That replaces the old render settings.

Post edited by Catacomber on
  • edited March 2015
    Not an ORK problem, but----after updating to Unity 5 on Mac--I got a lot of missing references errors even after allowing Unity 5 to update my a pi's. That was a little daunting because it meant searching through the objects in each scene to find out what was missing.

Googling---

I found helpful code at this site---

http://www.tallior.com/fixing-missing-references/

Just make a folder for it and a C# script with the script.

Always save a backup of your project before trying anything new.

But this helped me find all the spots I lost my audio clips and objects that lost their behavior scripts.

I started out with 58 missing references--I'm down to 32==will fix a few each day.
    Post edited by Catacomber on