edited April 2015 in ORK Support
I would like to update my version of the ORK framework and I can't seem to find anything that covers the process step by step. I found something that looks like the start of a versioning tutorial but it stops after it tells you what your asset file should look like. Please help.

Edit- Updating through just importing seems to work correctly now. My version of Unity was not up to date. I hade to manually intall the latest version for some reason. All is well now. Thank you @Gil and @Catacomber for all the help. Thank you to anyone else that helped as well.
Post edited by robahouston on
You will always fail at what you do not try.
  • What I do is download the new version. My Mac unzips it automatically. Then open Unity. Click on Assets import new package. Navigate to where the new ork update package is and import it.

I then always open the editor and click on About to make sure I have the latest version. I save my project. :)
  • So I just replace the old version in my project?
  • Yes, it's just like updating any other asset. I always save my file before updating and label it with the date and version. Have been doing this for a long time. Never had a problem.
  • Ok, I normally update through the asset store window in the editor so I wasn't sure. My ORK framework doesn't show up there. Do you know a way to allow the asset store to have access to it? In this video the guys asset store shows the ork framework and not the original ork okashi stuff. Kinda hoping I could do something like that.
  • edited February 2015
    If you didn't buy it from the asset store I don't think there's any way to do that. I don't think you have to worry. When I said it's just like any assets from the asset store I meant the process. Just back up your file first. It's really easy.

Post edited by Catacomber on
  • When I import the new version of ORK nothing changes. All it imports is some psd files. If I delete the version I have in my Project tab then it does update but I lose all of my progress. I must be missing something or just misunderstanding what you're saying.
  • Usually, the update process is simply importing the latest version - the project file will be upates the next time you save (usually it's a bunch of new settings, if old settings are replaced by something new, they'll be updated accordingly when loading the project).

What ORK version are you currently using?
    Also, I think the asset store will only display updates if you have a high enough Unity version - the latest ORK Framework version requires Unity 4.6.1 :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • So one thing that I learned is that when updating through importing the updated ORK file the framework window updates immediately but the ORK project file does not update until you save and restart unity. FYI
  • The ORK project only updates when you save the changes, no restarting Unity needed. Also, the changes already happen when loading the project (new default settings or old settings replaced by new stuff), so when playing your game without saving the project after updating will still use the newly updated things :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • The more you know! Thanks @GiL you're the best most patient person ever.