edited February 2015 in ORK Support
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone is experiencing new items appearing in scene when using the New UI with ORK.

When the scene plays it seems to create New Items over and Over. Not sure why.

• I think there was a problem in an earlier version where this happened if you used the GUI editor, but it was fixed in the next update.
  • Hi,

Interesting,

I keep getting "Name Box" in the scene. I always make sure I am updated to the latest.
    I am not sure why its causing this.

• Which ORK version are you using?
    There was a problem with that until 2.2.1 - if you're using a later version, how exactly do you get the objects, e.g. using the GUI editor in ORK, playing while having editor open, etc.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hello,

Be honest I am not sure how that got there. But I will keep a eye on it. I just updated to the latest version: 2.3.

The Objects just appeared in the scene as empty game objects. Kinda weird really.
    I thought they came when the game played but I will keep watching.

So, I will just keep a eye on it, :)

Now that I updated to the latest it may not be a issue anymore, I will update here if it happens again.

• Okay its happening still.

The Game Object is called "Name Box" and its appearing in the hierarchy.
    it is a Rect Transform and It is Layer "UI".

It seems to happen while in Play Mode.
    I still cant replicate the issue...not sure when its happening.

• Usually, those objects should be parented to ORK's UI canvas - would be great if you can find out how to reproduce it :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited February 2015
    Hi Gil,

I found the cause of the "Name Box" showing up in the scene:

You should be able to reproduce this by:

While in the scene you are working on.
    Ork framework - Go into menus
    GUI Boxes
    Click on "Open in GUI Editor

When hovering over the content box drag and change the size.

This should create "Name Boxes" in the scene you are in.
    This is not happening while in play mode.

Also as writing this, any changes within the GUI Editor creates the "Name Box"

I hope this helps. I assume it shouldn't do that :)
    Let me know what you think :)!

Thanks!
    Post edited by gameintern on

• Not happening here, and that was kind of the behaviour that was solved in ORK 2.2.1 :)
    Can you send me a test project?
  • Funny thing, now I cant reproduce the behavior. :P
    Never the less I will send over a test project just in case.

Thanks Gil! :)