edited February 2015 in ORK Support
I have had to put a delay on my player spawn because I use Voxel terrain and it take about 8s to load up, so I have a 8 second delay and I show a pic as a loading screen for the moment using show image in the start event. I cannot seem to get the image to scale unless I set it to the exact W/H of my current screen. Obviously this will not work as the game will be played on different screen sizes and resolutions. Is there a way to set it to auto scale and on that note, how do we manage to do the same for UI elements. I am probably just missing something but certainly do not want to have to create meltable builds for this issue, TY.
Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Are you displaying the image with a custom script?

You can use the event system to do this - the Image Steps can be used to show images using ORK's GUI Layer system. Display the image on a GUI layer that has Use Full Screen enabled to make sure it's scaled over the full screen.
    The Bounds in the show image step should be someting like X=-1, Y=-1, W=default screen size width + 1, H=default screen size height + 1.
    The default screen size is defined in Game > Game Settings.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I am using your event system, I have added the image step to my start recent. I will look into it, TY.
  • TY, that was it, did not know about the settings in the game tab. I have added a fade right before my player spans, but the fade does not go away, any ideas???, TY.
  • What fade - image, screen or object?
    And what do you mean it doesn't go away :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited February 2015
    I have,

start
    Join active group
    show image
    wait
    FADE- The fade does not go away. Fade Screen.
    remove image
    Spawn player

The whole set up is to allow my Voxel terrain time to load before showing and spawning player.
    Post edited by Williamian on
  • Check your fade's color settings - if the end color's alpha value isn't 0, it wont go away :)
  • OK, TY, yep, that was it, cool.